Help in I.D.ing Mouthpieces.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by eisprl, Jan 1, 2006.

1. eisprl

eisprl Mezzo Piano User

Sep 26, 2004
    Halifax, NS CANADA
    Hey all. I have recently come into possesion of a couple mouthpieces. Warburtons and Marcinkiewicz.

Warburton:
    three shanks: 5, 4, and KT
    two cups: 5 SV and 5 MC

three Marcinkiewicz:
    -E3.1 *JWM (initials I gather)
    -*E3/3C and,
    -E10*B (Findley)

Does anyone know what any of these mps would be used for?

thanks
    Eric

2. mrfabulous963

mrfabulous963 Piano User

Nov 26, 2005
    Assuming you know the Basic bach moutpiece demesions and usages here are the specs for the marcikiewicz mp;s

The JWM stands for Joseph W. Marcinkiewicz and is equivalent of a Bach 3E(i play this Marcink. mp)

The E3/3C is a bach 3C Equivalent

the E10 is a Bob Findley signature design, and is most equivalent to a Proviance 4*3 with a Med. Flat rim, a 27.51 mm Outside Cu Diameter, a 17.22 mm inside cup diameter and a 9.68 mm cup depth all for an overall length of 87.63 mm

if you have any more questions regarding the Marcinkiewicz mouthpieces i'll be glad to answer them

3. reversedlead

reversedlead New Friend

Jul 10, 2005
    Seattle
    On the Warburtons, the backbores are a range from 1-12, 1 being the tightest, 12 being the most open. 4 and 5 are on the commercial side, but not overly tight. the KT is a specialized backbore. I dont know to much besides that its for commercial playing. The 5 rim on a Warburton should be a little bigger than a Bach 3 rim, which is a 4 in the Warburton line. Confused? SV is shallow V cup and MC is probably Medium C.

On the Marcinkiewicz's,
    The E3.1 and E3 are like his version of a 3C. the JWM is the owner's signature piece. the E10 is Bob Findley's personal piece. I caution you with these three mouthpieces. Marcinkiewicz rims run very small in diameter. Compare the E3/3C with a Bach 3C and you will see that the E3 is MUCH smaller. His "concert hall" (added mass) series, are very different however, the E3/3C there is more normal sized... Go figure. They are nice mouthpieces, just be careful with them if you don't react well to smaller mouthpieces. Also, playing with a "closed" aperture on these will improve their performance (that is the way they are designed to be used).

So you have mainly commerical setups here... What style do you play normally?

Brandon

4. eisprl

eisprl Mezzo Piano User

Sep 26, 2004
    Halifax, NS CANADA
    This works out great then. I am more inclined towards the commercial/lead playing myself. I got these off a guy who was a lead player in that area. I do play better on a smaller mp. I am also a lead player in the military band I work for.

Eric

5. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Does anyone know what any of these mps would be used for?

Warburton:
    three shanks: 5, 4, and KT ...all three are for trumpet
    two cups: 5 SV and 5 MC ...both for trumpet

three Marcinkiewicz:
    -E3.1 *JWM (initials I gather) ...Trumpet
    -*E3/3C and, ...Trumpet
    -E10*B (Findley) ...and trumpet.

I need to find something to do!

-cw-

6. eisprl

eisprl Mezzo Piano User

Sep 26, 2004