help me

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by harezichi, Aug 7, 2007.

1. harezichi

harezichi New Friend

Aug 7, 2007
  2. MFfan

MFfan Fortissimo User

Sep 13, 2006
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    I don't know anything about these student horns. Suzuki Band instruments have a website. Apparently a Japanese company with production in other Asian countries. Probably better than the boxed ones sold in the stores, since they are sold on line only, etc. I have a Barrington trumpet outfit I got at wwbw clearance for less that these a found it a pretty good instrument. You might want to check that idea out, also. good luck!

3. Richard Oliver

Richard Oliver Forte User

Jul 18, 2006
    Casper, WY
    Rent a horn for a couple months. Will allow you money in hand for private lessons and the best chance for a good start.

4. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Welcome to TM, Harezichi! Richard's advice is good. Whenever possible, test play an instrument before buying, and when possible, have the best player you know and trust try the instrument out as well. There are some things out there for sale that look like trumpets are supposed to, but they sure don't play like trumpets are supposed to. Good luck!

5. harezichi

harezichi New Friend

Aug 7, 2007
    is the bach tr300 a good beginners horn?

6. Richard Oliver

Richard Oliver Forte User

Jul 18, 2006
    Casper, WY
    Yes. It will do nicely.

7. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA
    Hi, Harezichi,

Who will warranty and repair them locally, or do you send them back or exchange them?

How many times will this be permitted?

Is there fee for warranty service?

Any trade in value for another horn from Suzuki?

Best wishes!

Lloyd

8. Bill Dishman

Bill Dishman Piano User

Nov 22, 2003
    Gainesville, Florida
    Avoid these at all costs. (All 3)

Repairs will not be possible as most reputable repairmen will not work on them due to their flimsy construction.

Better to get a name brand used trumpet from a local music store that will back them up.

The TR300 is very good. I understand the TR500's are made in China so I would be wary.

Look for the King brand or Getzen or maybe a good Olds or Holton for a first horn or maybe a last horn for that matter.

You may pay more than the Targets and Wal-marts but you will be much happier. (The Suziki brands are not familiar to me per se but if Costco is selling them beware.

I had a beginner student get one of the "China" horns against my advice and three weeks later it wouln't play.

The father (absentee) replaced the original with another "China" horn and a month later it was unplayable.

With the money they could have gotten a good quality used horn and been much better off.

Bill Dishman
    Gainesville, Florida

9. OdieLopez3

OdieLopez3 New Friend

Jan 21, 2007
    Make sure you can test it out like Richard said and try it out for a couple of days, because you can't just try it out for one day and say this is the one for me. Some of these things take time to adjust and finding the right one well its a mission in life we trumpeters have. You could never go wrong with bach but rent it like Richard said and give it a try and never hurts.