Help; morning funk

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by shooter, Apr 21, 2007.

1. shooter

shooter Piano User

Jan 12, 2007
    VA
    Also, I'm pretty sure it's not nerves because I seem to do fine at the Wednesday night services. Thanks for the suggestion though.

2. jlentini

jlentini New Friend

Apr 21, 2007
    Brigham City, UT
    Something that might also help, is a warm down. As Wayne Bergeron said if your chops feel bad when you put the horn away, they will feel bad when you play again. I wouldn't let the recovery time thing get in your head to much, I will sometimes play until 11:00 at night and get up at 5:30 warm up and every thing is fine. I have a family as well, have you tried using a harmon mute to practice in the morning? It isn't as stuffy as a practice mute can be but quiet enough that it doesn't disturb the family. good luck!

3. Jim Kot

Jim Kot New Friend

Mar 3, 2007
    Prudenville, Mi.
    There a lot of good suggestions here. For morning gigs I tryto do a little light warm up, drink water and even take a bottle of water with you and take sips and swish some around in your mouth. Also, I find that you must watch your salt intake, don't eat salty foods (burger,fries, souips, etc.) I start thinking about this a few days befor a morning gig. Good luck and remember, the first 100 years are the hardest, after that don't worry about it.