help needed

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by cocofrio, Aug 22, 2007.

1. cocofrio

cocofrio New Friend

Aug 21, 2007
    Which brand in the pro level trumpets are the less expensive, any recomendation about this, thanks. Are there good stencils of pro trumpets?

2. Dustin

Dustin Pianissimo User

Jun 19, 2006
    West Virginia
    If you're really in a bind for money like I was, go for a vintage horn. My trumpet is 45 years old, but plays like a gem. You can find loads of vintage horns for pretty cheap if you look around in the right places.

3. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Hi Cocofrio! Your question is a hard one to answer, because everyone has their own opinions on this subject. My opinion is that Getzen is the finest value in pro trumpets. They are very well made and play well, too.

I didn't quite understand your question about stencils, but if you mean by that "which trumpet is most copied?," the answer would be the old French Besson, the trumpet everyone copied. Today the most copied are those from Bach and Schilke.

4. OdieLopez3

OdieLopez3 New Friend

Jan 21, 2007
    Yeah it pretty much depends on preference of opinion. My suggestion to you is just try to look there's always something. Try E-Bay you never know what you can find.

5. cocofrio

cocofrio New Friend

Aug 21, 2007
    Thanks to Dustin, Vulgano, and Odie Lopez for your help.

6. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    "inexpensive pro trumpets" depends on your definition of pro. A good horn that can get you through college and well on into paid gigs starts at a little over a grand (US$):
    Yamaha 6xxx, Getzen 3xxx, Kanstul, B&S Challenger to name a few. They all represent excellent value.
    Used trumpets can be interesting, but you need to play before you pay! The valves should be in good shape and no red rot - or so cheap that you can get it overhauled and still be under the price of a new horn.

7. stchasking

stchasking Forte User

Jun 11, 2006
    I owned a Blessing Pro C trumpet. It worked for me.

Unfortunately, finding a Blessing dealer so you can play a Bb before you pay is a difficult task.

Can anybody advise on Jupiter? Our Bach dealer here also carries Jupiter, Yamy Xeno, and Conn. There must be a reason he carries those four.