HELP!!!!!!!!!!! (Or else I'll go insane lol)

Discussion in 'Jazz / Commercial' started by RoyalFlush, Jul 6, 2004.

1. RoyalFlush

RoyalFlush New Friend

Apr 27, 2004
    Ohio
    This is a plea for assistance.... :!: I will go utterly mad if i don't learn how to put a "shake" on notes. I have been trying for a while, using the scanty, barely-there tip from "Mel Bay's Complete Jazz Trumpet Book", the net, and even an Esential Elements book. :mrgreen: I just can't seem to get it. So, to stop rambling, I NEED YOUR HELP!!!! please tell me how to do this small thing, and you will have stoped me going insane, killing many people (15 1/2 to be exact), and being incarcerated in a Canadian jail. :shock: Thank you.

2. tptwannabe

tptwannabe New Friend

Jun 3, 2004
    New York, NY
    "Shake"

Either:
    1- Do a very fast lip trill using the fingering that gives the closest harmonic above the note you're on, or...
    2- Gently and minutely "shake" or wiggle the horn to and from your face. If your embouchure is focused and supported, and the note is well supported by the proper air stream, the "lip trill" or "Shake" will occur naturally.

The lip trill is preferable as it affords maximum control.

3. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    And what's wrong with a Canadian jail? You would prefer Sherrif Joe's joint out there in the New Mexico sun? complete with pink underwear and no TV?

:wink:

4. ScreaminRaider

ScreaminRaider Piano User

Apr 22, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx
    I've always put all three valves down and do a lip trill. Just practice, it takes time

Jon

5. RoyalFlush

RoyalFlush New Friend

Apr 27, 2004
    Ohio
    :D :shock: Tootsall, it's COLD in a Canadian jail!! And their are moose.... *shivers* :shock: :D

6. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    If I had to choose between a moose and "Bubba"..... hmmmmm

Decisions, decisions.

7. RoyalFlush

RoyalFlush New Friend

Apr 27, 2004
    Ohio
    Despite the fact that I can't seem to spell "their are moose" :oops: , Tootsall, I would have to say Bubba, cause I could shoot him and escape. In Canada, the unforgiving climate and carnivorous chipmunks are an ever-present danger lol.... :wink:

8. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    "Carnivorous chipmunks"

NOW you've done it! Leigh will NEVER move to Canada. Thanks a lot.

sheesh... you had to go and tell everyone. :cry:

We thought the grizzly bears were our only problem.............

9. RoyalFlush

RoyalFlush New Friend

Apr 27, 2004
    Ohio
    lol sorry man, just lookin' out for myself.... Who's Leigh anyway? Besides... Canada has good qualities too! For example: Lumberjacks, lots of maple syrup, and, if you watch "Fairly Odd Parents" they have the Paper Pusher's Memorial, with the Sacred Silver Pencil Sharpener!