help please!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Sauer, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Sauer

Sauer Pianissimo User

Mar 20, 2007
    yeah sorry, my private teacher just calls the quad C a double C.

2. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit

And I'm led to believe that it may not be totally accurate.

I've yet to meet an 8th grader that can pull much higher then High "C" let alone a Double High "C"

Makes one wonder if a troll is lurking!

3. Sauer

Sauer Pianissimo User

Mar 20, 2007
    well i can pull higher than a high C like it's a piece of cake, most of the time i play up to a G or A with a decent sound. but i've only hit a double high C once, which is verry hard for me.

if i had a video camera i would tape myself and upload it.

4. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    In Germany we call double C C4. C is the second space in the bass clef, C1 is middle C, C2 3rd space in the treble clef and so on. Quad C makes sense - it is just not common in the US for instance

5. Sauer

Sauer Pianissimo User

Mar 20, 2007
    i see. wise man.

6. Sauer

Sauer Pianissimo User

Mar 20, 2007
    hey, has anyone here played the solo Fantasy for trumpet by Claude T Smith? i have it but havent started, im just looking around for some new solos to learn.

7. Jason Osborne

Jason Osborne New Friend

Mar 21, 2007
    Wales, U.K

I have to agree with this. You're safe with Yamaha. Excellent quality control. Haven't really seen a bad one yet! as a player, teacher or back when i worked in a music store. Do be Careful of the Xeno though. Not everyone's cup of tea!
    Range is range is range. It used to make the papers when Louis Armstrong hit multiple top C's in a row. Now we strive for doubles ad it rarely impresses. Sound is where it's at. If you can triple/ double tongue at 420 bpm and play Triple high C's and slur scales in all 12 major and minor keys at breakneck speed then good for you! If you sound shit doing it, then no one's gonna come to listen! Gotta practise those long tones dude!

8. tennis_the_menace

tennis_the_menace Pianissimo User

Jan 11, 2007
    Lansing, MI
    Sauer,
    When you say double high C do you mean the C that is two ledger lines above the staff?

9. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    Back to the original: you're young. You have alot of growing to do musically, and to do that, you need to be involved in a wide variety of musical activities. Stick with Yamaha Xeno for now. Great horn. A general, do all plays well out of the box horn. Yamaha is quite consistent and you'll get a lot of time out of it. When it's time to focus and specialize, you'll know what you're looking for.

10. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    Post a video of the double high G and I will send you $20.00 for your trouble. It's not that hard. Go to your friends house and use his or her web cam and give us a link to you tube.

I chalange you!!!