help please!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Sauer, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Richard Oliver

Richard Oliver Forte User

Jul 18, 2006
    Casper, WY
    Joe,

I took a listen to your Homepage. VERY nice. Who played Organ? How long did it take to record?

Thanks,

Richard Oliver

2. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.

I think we are hijacking a thread.
    The stuff on my page was recorded in my basement/office with a Music Minus One CD.
    I was the engineer and everything else that goes into recording.
    It was done on very primitive equipment.
    A direct to CD recorder, headphones, and a Radio Shack mike and a Guitar reverb box thing.

The recording took about 2 days because I made mistakes or the furnace turned on or the phone rang. I don't have a way to edit.
    There are more pieces recorded but they wouldn't fit on that site. I get the site for free with my cable computer line.

Thank you very much for the complement!!

3. Sauer

Sauer Pianissimo User

Mar 20, 2007
    well i went up to the music store today, did the trying w/ my eyes closed, turns out the best one i liked and sounded good on was a yamaha xeno. i tried :

Blessing ML-1S
    King Silver Flair
    Getzen enerta
    Yamaha xeno

the xeno is truly a great trumpet, which i am going to purchase.

4. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    What store did you go to?

-cw-

5. treblemaker

treblemaker New Friend

Apr 4, 2007
    I'm just playing a used Holton...whatever fits you best...trumpets are kinda like clothes, if you ask me...whatever feels good to you, you know? Maybe I'm way off...but somebody out there must know what I'm talking about.

6. Gary Schutza

Gary Schutza Pianissimo User

Apr 6, 2007
    Kansas City
    I know you like the Xeno, and it's a fine horn. I'm going to suggest an alternative in case that doesn't work out. I really like the Holton T101. I know, everyone out there is saying "Holton, yeah, right—" but this horn is a copy of a very good Mount Vernon Bach trumpet. And each and every one that I have played has been a winner (maybe 10 or 12 or them?). An excellent all-around horn.

Holton, T101, Holton Bb Trumpet : Trumpets -> Bb - musicalinstruments.com

7. Sauer

Sauer Pianissimo User

Mar 20, 2007
    i went to A & G central music