Help practicing/picking out some books.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by seetherhell, Jun 29, 2012.

1. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    WElcome aboard/ It is good inquire about what yo need to do. To some degree gettimg a scholarship depends on many variables including your GPA, your proficiency at playing, and sight reading. Arbans is the most important, Clarke Studies are also a must and these have been the most useful. I believe if you want to truly be a professional, THEN GET AN INSTRUCTOR! An instructor will hold you accountable to your discipline of trumpet. If the University you wish to attend is close by, then get one there, if not call the Department of Music, speak with the Chief of the Trumpets/Horns division, and ask him/her who he/she would recommend in your area. Build rapport with the University. It shows your seriousness of interest, to do so. BTW, making State Band is a great resume add, so there is no excuse, when you've got the gift and are not showing the level of determination. You sound like your blessed, so go forth and use it. PRACTICE, PRACTICE,PRACTICE, IS WHAT YOU WILL HEAR OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

2. seetherhell

seetherhell New Friend

Nov 13, 2011
    I can practice and I really want to, trumpet isn't just a past time, my mother majored in music and music has been a part of my life growing up, it wasn't that big of a deal in the past but growing up has made me realise how much I really love music, and I want instrumental music to be a part of my life, I just enjoy. But anothher hard this is I live in a area where their arn't really any tutors, I havn't worked the hardest to look but I have looked on the internet, and since it's summer I don't ave much contact with a band instructor to ask.

3. DaTrump

DaTrump Forte User

Oct 21, 2011
    Huntsville, Texas
    What school are you going to?

4. seetherhell

seetherhell New Friend

Nov 13, 2011
    i have a few in mind, I have some friends that I met at a UGA camp, and I'm strongly trying to go there

5. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    A good metronome if you don't have one.