Help with an old Bundy trumpet

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Trumpetmom75, Feb 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Trumpetmom75

Trumpetmom75 New Friend

Jan 31, 2011
    I just purchased an old Bundy yesterday and I'm having a hard time figuring out how old it is, or anything else about it for that matter. It's serial number is 705074ML. Any info will be greatly appreciated!

2. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    rots 'o ruck.... I've had trouble finding anything along those lines as well!

3. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Thoughout the years that Bundy was in business, they made so many deals with various instrument manufacturers and suppliers that serialization becomes almost meaningless to trace origins since the company paperwork supporting such is not known publically. As to what quality the instrument is, generally they fall to low end student usage. About 50 years ago they were at the zenith of their sales for public school instruments. Many smaller companies also marketed instruments for public school use they did not manufacture, some good and some otherwise ... my first trumpet, as purchased used was of this kind or what we generally call "stencils". On it I learned and it did me well until it was "lost" but this incident occurred after I graduated high school.