Help with Haydn

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Edvard22, Nov 8, 2010.

1. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Actually, finding time is never a problem as we waste so much of it. Setting priorities to limit useless time is key as is really concentrating during that which is available.

Trumpet players that make excuses why things DON'T work, are born to be "second" trumpet players. Those that are infected by the trumpet playing disease are born to be "first" trumpet players. Fortunately, composers are gratious enough to write parts for both!

2. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    That's kind of an arrogant, narrow minded approach don't you think? I can play first trumpet (not really big band lead though - I can do it, but would rather leave it to people who do it better) and I do play "first" trumpet in the party band, considering that there is only one trumpet part, but my real strength as a player has always been in a support capacity when I'm playing in an ensemble. I don't approach playing in a secondary role as being some sort of a substandard thing, and especially not considering that there are things a good support player can do that makes the job of the lead player easier, and thus makes the whole thing sound better.