helping students here

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by ChaseFan, Nov 21, 2008.

1. SpiritDCI08

SpiritDCI08 Piano User

Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Campbell, KY
    I really hate carity...but
    If anyone has a lead mouthpiece or a bach megatone 3c I'd really appriecate it
    My girlfriend dropped my megatone and it's ruined :'(

a practice mute would really help too!
    my parents view my practicing as noise :(

2. JTR-606ML

JTR-606ML New Friend

Apr 1, 2009
    Sydney
    Hello, a "silent brass mute" would help me a great deal as I live in an apartment. The building is full of oldies who have their regular naps anything from 11am to 6pm and then from 8pm onwards most of them are in their beds. Even when I do get a chance to practice during "no napping time" there's always an oldie knocking on my door - whinging because they can't watch TV in peace. So "silent brass mute" would be much much MUCH appreciated!

Cheers

3. carteru93

carteru93 New Friend

Jun 16, 2008
    Sudbury, Ontario Canada
    Hey guys, I know I don't post here often, but it's because I am a beginner and have no real advice to give, but if I do, I try my hardest to give any help to anyone I am capable of helping. I am a grade 10 student in high school, and my school has many cornets, but no cornet mouthpieces. I was wondering if anyone had any kind of cornet mouthpiece they would be willing to donate. Any one would be fine, just something so I am able to play the cornets there. Anything is appreciated. I am located in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada.

4. GlassMen91

GlassMen91 New Friend

Dec 9, 2008
    Toledo
    If anyone could spare a mouthpiece brush that would be amazing, I seem to have lost mine and the store is quite a ways away.
    Edit: And maybe a snake too if someone is feeling generous.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  5. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    PM me your mailing address.

6. GlassMen91

GlassMen91 New Friend

Dec 9, 2008
    Toledo
    PM'd thank you very much!:thumbsup:

7. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    On it's way. I addressed to Glassmen....Hope your mailman can figure that out? :-?

8. GlassMen91

GlassMen91 New Friend

Dec 9, 2008
    Toledo
    Lol it should be fine.

9. Pantherfan101

Pantherfan101 New Friend

Aug 24, 2009
    Can someone spare me a tuner? The season is about to start, and it's very inconvenient to borrow others (And if someone could, maybe a lacquer polishing cloth) Thanks if anyone could

10. JDay

JDay Pianissimo User

Nov 20, 2007
    Wenatchee, WA
    helping students here: Need Cornet Mouthpiece or two

Hi all,

I am giving a couple of Olds Ambasador cornets that I rebuilt / restored to a couple of students at my daughters school. Only one came with a mouthpiece (Olds 3) but the silverplate is worn off the rim and it is pretty beat up. Does anyone have any good starter cornet mouthpieces laying around that I could get? I don't expect to get them for free, and would be happy to try to cover the shipping. I just don't have the $$'s to buy new ones locally.

Thanks,

Jack Day