helping students here

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by ChaseFan, Nov 21, 2008.

1. mchs3d

mchs3d Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2005
    Provo, UT
  2. cuttlefishii

cuttlefishii New Friend

Feb 27, 2010
    Wow, what a cool thread!

I'm a high school student and I'm in desperate need of Schlossberg's Daily Drills and Technical Studies for Trumpet. My trumpet teacher really wants me to get it, but I simply don't have any money at all. If anyone has a copy of it that they're not using, I'd really appreciate it!

Also, this is a much further shot but if anyone happens to have a gold-plated Bach 5C mouthpiece that is laying around not getting used? Haha. I got to try one once and found it much more appropirate for my embouchure (I use a wet embouchure), but once again my family's lack of money is keeping me from getting anything new.

3. Moshe Mizrachi

Moshe Mizrachi Pianissimo User

Feb 17, 2010
    This very old Helping Students thread was started by Morris and his son Dean,
    but they no longer fulfill requests in the thread because Trumpet Master permanently banned them a long time ago.

Morris and I used to attend the same church, Southeast Christian, in Louisville.

I donated a couple of mouthpieces and a mute that Morris passed along to some students.

It's a shame that the people of Trumpet Master decided that Morris and Dean were not the right kind of people for Trumpet Master and consequently banned them from Trumpet Master.

I lost track of Morris after his health worsened and he couldn't come to church anymore.
    Does anybody have contact information for him such as an email address?
    I used to have it, and it must still be in my email folders somewhere, but I can't find it anywhere.

Moshe Mizrachi

4. christineka

christineka Pianissimo User

Feb 24, 2010
  5. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Vidin, Bulgaria
    I don't know if I qualify, as I am no longer student, but currently I'm unemployed, since I got fired 1 year ago, so budget is very tight at the moment. Till recently I was doing only classical/orchestral repertoire, but I may have to do more auditions for show bands/big bands which led to look for a different kind of mouthpiece. I looked into shallow bowl cup mouthpieces, but I seem not to get along very well. Which is not the case with V cups.

If anyone have laying around a

1. Stork XM or XMS preferably rim size 4 or 6

or

2. any medium shallow/shallow V cup with tight backbore with inner rim diameter preferably not smaller than equivalent to Bach 3 (16.25-16.35mm)

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

6. abtrumpet

abtrumpet Pianissimo User

Nov 14, 2009
    Does anyone have a copy of Clarke Technical Studies they can scan and send over to me?

Thanks for all your help :)

7. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I have taken out the off topic posts. I HATE censorship, but I hate stupid even more. There is no reason for name calling, racial slurs or religious prejudice. Frankmike, check your PM.

This thread provides a medium for generosity not stupidity. I don't care who started or what else may be behind it. It will not be allowed here.

8. chaser2013

chaser2013 New Friend

Feb 6, 2009
    Kearney, Nebraska
    Does anybody have an old cup mute in decent shape they would be willing to send?

9. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    Get me an address......

10. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    Nick would a Stork Vacchiano 3B be any use to you you'd be welcome to it if it is. I know your post is an old one but still the offer is there

Cheers

A