helping students here

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by ChaseFan, Nov 21, 2008.

1. screamingmorris

screamingmorris Mezzo Forte User

Apr 4, 2007

Last edited: Nov 23, 2008
  2. ADDER

ADDER Pianissimo User

May 25, 2008
    London UK
    I too would like a Bach 3c for Trumpet if anyone has an old one, I could swap a denis Wick 3c if needed.
    :)
    Adder

3. jazztrpt006

jazztrpt006 New Friend

Jul 16, 2008
    Wpg, Mb
    Does anyone have a spare Bach 1 1/2 C, or the Kanstul equivalent?
    I've been trying to get my hands on this one for quite some time but have had no luck.

4. jazztrpt006

jazztrpt006 New Friend

Jul 16, 2008
    Wpg, Mb
    I actually jsut moved into an apartment, which means I can't play as much and really really need this "silent brass mute" something equivalent. I'd go and buy it but I have no funds for myself atm. Which kills me cause I can only do so much now, from what I'm use to.

5. Trumpet guy

Trumpet guy Forte User

Feb 9, 2008
    California
    Oh, a silent brass would be very useful. I might hope for one as well. (though please give jazztrpt006 first priority as he lives probably needs it more, being in an apartment)

6. ChaseFan

ChaseFan Banned

Mar 25, 2008
    A request from someone:

"Hey, I am a high school student posting about the high school help forum and wanted to know if I could get a simple Humes and Berg cup mute for a Christmas concert I will be playing in December. This is a great idea (the forum) and I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!"

If you have such a mute, send me a Trumpet Master private message and I will give you the student's name.

Dean

7. Snorglorf

Snorglorf Pianissimo User

Nov 13, 2008
    Edited

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  8. Bach219

Bach219 Mezzo Piano User

Jun 25, 2008
    OH
    Well everyone says that Ultra-Pure is the best! Personally I've never tried it. Blue juice is the only one I've been using for quite sometime. Here a link to a thread I started a while back: http://www.trumpetmaster.com/vb/f134/what-valve-oil-do-you-use-40322.html

9. lovevixen555

lovevixen555 Banned

Nov 5, 2008
    Michigan
    That is an excellent idea. I got my son started in metal detecting over the summer. I could not afford to get him head phones even though it makes it easier to hear the subtle difference in what the detector is saying. An older Gentelman sent him a pair free. On metal detector's you have to be able to adjust the volume ont he head phones because the detector's do not have a volume control for the headphone output. Some are mono and some are stero. They also use the old style large phono jack which was also an issue. I was not going to let my son use my 1979 Koss Studio headphones since I use them to this day for serious work since they are still great.Plus they would be too heavy for his little head.My point is that someone that had been at the game longer had a bunch of them just sitting around and sent it to him free of charge! So that the kid could have an even better experince.

10. ChaseFan

ChaseFan Banned

Mar 25, 2008
    Every student request for items in this thread will be honored.

It takes a few days to get everything pulled together, to see who has what and get it packed for shipping, but all you students who posted in this thread should be receiving your items by sometime next week.

If you are a student who posted a need, contact me at [email protected] if you have not heard from me yet,
    because Trumpet Master private messages occasionally don't make it through, get lost in internet oblivion.
    And then later contact either me or the person who sent you the item to let us know that the item arrived OK, that it didn't get lost in the mail.

If any other students need anything at all, big or small, post your needs here.

If you are a non-student who has one of the items needed by one of the students,
    either contact the student directly or let me know what you have.
    Even if you contact the student directly to send the student something,
    let me know that you filled the need so that I don't end up sending the student a duplicate item.

Dean

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008