helping students here

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by ChaseFan, Nov 21, 2008.

1. roggtrumpet

roggtrumpet New Friend

Dec 9, 2008
    Hi does anyone have an extra harmon mute and a slient brass mute that I can have? Thanks for your help!

Ryan

2. ADDER

ADDER Pianissimo User

May 25, 2008
    London UK
    If anyone has an old beaten up copy of H.L. Clarke Technical studies and/or Collins Lip flexibilities or even Earl Irons Lip Flexibilities they no longer need I'd be very grateful.... Or even a photo copy?

Many thanks all
    Adder

3. Snorglorf

Snorglorf Pianissimo User

Nov 13, 2008
    Any technical study books that are laying around and spare would be WONDERFUL. I already have a copy of the Arban's book, but it's not the proper one, it's a tiny short one.

I'd be happy to take any mouthpieces which are no longer loved. :p

EDIT: No longer need this stuff! Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  4. GlassMen91

GlassMen91 New Friend

Dec 9, 2008
    Toledo
    If someone could spare me a straight mute, harmon mute, or a 3C mouthpiece that'd be awesome just PM me or email is [email protected]

5. The Dutch Guy

The Dutch Guy Piano User

Sep 22, 2008
    Netherlands
    take a look here:
    Downloads - Brass Music
    it has some studies on it, and trumpet solo's, and music for ensembles. it's not a book, but there is a lot of music on there, and it's all free :-)

hope that helps

6. Caeden

Caeden New Friend

Nov 24, 2008
    LaFayette, Georgia
    I am in high school and just bought a new silver Jupiter 1602S Tribune XO and only have a really crappy, beat up (and I mean beat up...it has tons of scratches inside and out) Yamaha 7c If anyone has an extra gold-plated Maynard Ferguson MF3 or a Jettone 10MD trumpet mouthpeice I would be (metaphorically) forever indebted to you if I could get it. I am also looking for a harmon or a straight cup mute in fairly good condition please message me...anything would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.-Thanks for the site TDG. It has some great music somewhere in between beginner-intermediate level.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  7. Snorglorf

Snorglorf Pianissimo User

Nov 13, 2008
    I'd like to publicly thank Screamingmorris for his wonderful contribution of a harmon mute and valve oil that was far superior in quality to the crap I was using before. A wonderful person, indeed! And he even put those fun little Styrofoam wiggles in the box! bonus!

8. Trumpet guy

Trumpet guy Forte User

Feb 9, 2008
    California
    Me too. I recently received my silent brass from Morris (also with the little Styrofoam wiggles:thumbsup:, I think they're called peanuts) and I find it is very useful, especially if my parents are working all afternoon. It is a little stuffy but not I didn't notice much more resistance than any other mute. Thanks a bunch.

9. Bach219

Bach219 Mezzo Piano User

Jun 25, 2008
    OH
    Just wondering if anyone has a Silent Brass mute?

Thank You!

10. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    ummm... I'd like a job when I graduate. Can anyone box one of those up?! No, darn. How about a Monette MF PRANA Bb axe? No?.. Ok, I think I have everything I need then.

This is a wonderful idea. I am the quinessential poor-college-kid so it is much appreciated that you "old folks" put something together like this for the young ones. I have nothing to offer as I am a minimalist, but when/if I do, I'll let y'all know.

Happy HOLYdays and Merry Christmas.