helping students here

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by ChaseFan, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Snorglorf

Snorglorf Pianissimo User

Nov 13, 2008
    *snip*

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  2. Bagnewauckland

Bagnewauckland Pianissimo User

Dec 2, 2008
    New Zealand
    I understand that it would probably be very difficult/expensive to ship anything to NZ, but if anyone has the time, inclination, and a spare harmon mute (old, dented, anthing, as long as it works, I'll be happy) to a poor student in New Zealand, please let me know.

3. Mason

Mason Pianissimo User

Oct 7, 2008
    Australia
    im a high school student and i think i want to get myself a new trumpet next year. American made - must be. And i dont want to sped to much as well, because im still a kid lol. What you guys have, anything i can see on ebay?

4. Snorglorf

Snorglorf Pianissimo User

Nov 13, 2008
    <snip>

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  5. Brass crusader

Brass crusader Mezzo Piano User

If anyone has a copy of Rafael Mendez's "Tre-Mendez Polka", I'd appreciate even a photcopy of the score/parts.

Thanks a ton, this thread is a great example of help and fellowship amongst trumpet players.

6. ADDER

ADDER Pianissimo User

May 25, 2008
    London UK
    Does anyone have an old benge 7c Cornet M/P they don't use anymore? I could swap a denis Wick 3c Trumpet M/P for it. Also looking for a Flugelhorn 7c M/P too..
    Cheers for any help
    Adder

7. skankin'dan

skankin'dan Pianissimo User

Mar 14, 2007
    Winnipeg
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  8. Rushtucky

Rushtucky Pianissimo User

Sep 15, 2008
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Sounds like a good idea. However like rowuk mentioned, caution came sometime be something to keep in mind. You never know who you are lending to, their intentions, honesty and most of all is it someone just trying to get some free equipment.

Once again, great idea in theory, but keep it in moderation and make sure it does not get out of hand.

9. skankin'dan

skankin'dan Pianissimo User

Mar 14, 2007
    Winnipeg
    Oh, I forgot to mention,I have a copy of Clarke's Technical Studies in PDF format if anyone needs. Just give me a shout.

10. oohhh yeah

oohhh yeah Pianissimo User

Nov 23, 2008
    B.C. Canada
    Edit: I am currently in need of some heavy valve caps. My tone is too bright and I need something to darken that a bit.

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009