helping students here

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by ChaseFan, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Snorglorf

Snorglorf Pianissimo User

Nov 13, 2008
    PM them, get their address and send however you want.

2. oohhh yeah

oohhh yeah Pianissimo User

Nov 23, 2008
    B.C. Canada

3. ltg_trumpet

ltg_trumpet Mezzo Piano User

Jan 21, 2009
    all right... I really want to get the Arban's Complete Conservatory Method for Trumpet, I've heard that it is the bible for trumpet players... it would mean alot, my birthday is a good 4 months away and i dont have a steady income flow... i really want to get working and i think this would be the best way to do it...
    thanks

4. ltg_trumpet

ltg_trumpet Mezzo Piano User

Jan 21, 2009
    Edit:
    lol just saw the complete book on here... thats cool, but i would really like the actual book that way i dont have to print all those pages off... my parents would destroy my soul...

also, someone said that heavy valve caps improve the darkness of tone... my director tells me my tone is bright, and im playing on a yamaha that has uber light caps... so could someone help me there too?
    thanks guys

5. urban1ninja

urban1ninja New Friend

Jan 22, 2009
    Maryland
    hey i just bought my first trumpet and i need some of the basic things like valve oil and a mute and maybe a case. im a junior in high school and i do have a job but it goes towards paying the bills. if anyone could help me out i would be even more than grateful. thanks in advance

6. TrumpetJ

TrumpetJ New Friend

Dec 28, 2008
    Knoxville,TN
    Would anyone happen to have a spare straight mute lying around? I lost my good one some time ago and my red and white stone lined is in pretty crappy shape. PM me if you happen to have a spare. Thanks a bunch.

7. hornblatt

hornblatt Pianissimo User

Jul 30, 2005
    DC area
    I have an old beat up harmon mute and a few old straight mutes if anyone still needs anything. I'm a student too but, as I have a job and have paid off my last trumpet, I'm willing to let go of some of my older things. I also might have few spare mouthpieces. Only bachs though (probably and old 1 1/2, a 3B, a 5C, and maybe a 3C). I'm not giving away my Marcinkiewicz... PM me if you really need anything!

8. GlassMen91

GlassMen91 New Friend

Dec 9, 2008
    Toledo
    Could someone hook me up with a metronome? I was using the online metronome, but we had to move some things around the house and now practicing in front of my computer isn't exactly an option.
    Email me at: [email protected]

9. GoodMusic@PA

[email protected] Piano User

Aug 7, 2008
    Hi,
    I have a 5c mouthpiece and I want to upgrade to a 3c mouthpiece, I dont want to buy one without trying so does anyone have a spare one that I could have?
    well thanks, this is really a good idea:thumbsup:

it would also be helpful if i had a practice mute or some sort.
    well thanks!!!

10. Jack Harris

Jack Harris New Friend

Jan 24, 2009
    Are Bach trumpets produced in the last seven years considered handmade, mass produced, or a combination of both? Specifics regarding handmade and mass produced differences appreciated. What are the differences between hard to play and easy to play trumpets? Thank you