Helping with a Band Camp

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Heavens2kadonka, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Derek Reaban

Derek Reaban Mezzo Piano User

Jun 16, 2005
    Tempe, Arizona
    Van,

There is one more thing that I would like to add to the ideas that have been presented already. This is one of the best suggestions that I have seen about building a positive attitude in the section as well as impacting the sounds that the kids will be producing.

This is from Peter Bond from a topic similar to this one on TH...

On top of all of the other ideas that you will be figuring out how to add into the week, I would highly recommending following Peter’s advice! What better way to show them what truly great sounds brass instruments can make! If you don’t have the Gabriel CD in my avatar, I would suggest getting a copy and letting them hear what great section playing sounds like.

Have fun!

2. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    HA! To be quite honest, some nights playing dance band stuff in a hot room, I'm not picky at all about what to drink in an effort to stay cool and hydrated during the gig - soda, water, BEER....it's ALL good. :D

Oh, Van, I wouldn't recommend giving them beer, for what it's worth. :-o

3. Double_G

Double_G Pianissimo User

May 4, 2005
    Gordonsville, TN
    Are you teaching our band camp sectionals Van? :shock:

4. Heavens2kadonka

Heavens2kadonka Forte User

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    Andrew,

The job was at Cheatham County.

WAS. Turns out some fellow from Vanderbuilt was hired on before me.

Oh well, at least I have info for when I DO get to help with a band camp! Thanks again, guys.

Van

5. silverstar

silverstar Mezzo Forte User

Jan 6, 2005
    Well, you could always go after the guy they hired with your cane named Lara....

then again, maybe not.

Lara ;-) :lol:

6. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Hey, Lara... you must be about ready to fly over the pond for some fun and games in the UK. (Take your Mom to M & S or Marks and Spencers... large department store specializing in ladies stuff).

Have a great time and take lots of pics. You'll have to post some of them in the forums upon your return.