Helseth's mouthpiece

Discussion in 'Orchestra / Solo / Chamber Music' started by Kujo20, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Kujo20

Kujo20 Forte User

Sep 29, 2010
    Hey everybody, I've been starting to listen to Tine Thing Helseth, and I'm curious about what mouthpiece (or mouthpieces) that she uses...
    Does anybody know?
    Thanks!

2. Ed Kennedy

Ed Kennedy Forte User

Nov 18, 2006
    Whatever it is, it ain't the mouthpiece.

3. bagmangood

bagmangood Forte User

4. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    [​IMG]

5. Kujo20

Kujo20 Forte User

Sep 29, 2010
    I'm not saying that her sound is because of her mouthpiece, I'm just curious what equipment she uses. In the video I watched of her, it looked like she was playing a Yamaha Xeno. I was just wondering (purely curiosity) what mouthpiece she uses!
    From what I've seen/heard, she is a fantastic trumpet player and is also quite unfairly under-rated.
    Also, thanks bagmangood for the info!

6. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    It makes a difference if you have her hair, teeth, tongue, lungs, abs, diaphragm and body use. Keep looking.........................

Tine is not underrated in circles that understand music. Her career is coming along quite nicely. Her CD sales too.

I too have heard about the 1 1/4C. I appreciate her hair, teeth, tongue, lungs, abs, diaphragm and body use more.....................

7. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Hmmmm .... not gunna be able to meet THAT criteria - better start with the mouthpiece, what was it again? Sorry, distracted by ROWUK anatomy lesson. (Hee! Hee! ROFL).

8. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    Mouthpiece? She uses a mouthpiece? I guess I hadn't noticed. ;-)

9. Kujo20

Kujo20 Forte User

Sep 29, 2010
    Once again, this was just a question from curiosity! I just started listening to some of her stuff and I wanted to know. I'm not saying her ability comes from anything besides her, just wanted to know, and now I do! Thanks all!

10. Tishcohan

Tishcohan New Friend

Mar 26, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I am the principal trumpet with the Warren Civic Orchestra and I will be having the priviledge of playing with her this February, 20 in Warren, Pennsylvania. Tine is scheduled to be our featured soloist and I will see first hand what horn(s) she uses and also what mouthpice(s) she uses. She is scheduled to play the Haydn and the Marcello.

Tishcohan
    Bach Strad. (Big Apple)
    Courtois Elite 305
    Kanstul/Besson Brevete
    Flugelhorn - Courtois AC 156R
    Warburton mouthpieces exclusively

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011