Here we go again...

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by MahlerBrass, Sep 22, 2005.

1. MahlerBrass

MahlerBrass Piano User

Oct 1, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Another hurricane folks, officially recorded with the largest eye wall spreading 70 miles, without a blink, and now labeled the third most destructive cat 5 hurricane in history, and I'm right in it's path! Not going to wait and sit it out, but more paniced about my parents who are even closer to the damage than me. So if I don't get on in a few days...well, just wish me luck, see you guys around!

2. FreshBrewed

FreshBrewed Mezzo Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Houston, TX
    My parents took off to Oklahoma yesterday. They decided to not press their luck and attempt to stay in Houston. My prayers go out to all those along the coast.

3. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    My goodness! All of you anywhere near this monster PLEASE get out.... PLEASE take care of yourselves and PLEASE be safe. All of our hearts and minds are with you in these frightening days.

4. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    grrrrr... I'm upset, my parents are more stubborn than I am. They just bought a house in the Houston area and are like, "Heck no we ain't leavin'! I've been through worse." Granted they have been through some tornadoes, etc but still.... grrrr...

5. bigaggietrumpet

bigaggietrumpet Mezzo Forte User

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    Yeah, I'm about 100 miles inland from Houston, give or take. We're hearing predictions that it will be considered a cat 3 hurricane when it reaches here, and still be a cat 1 hurricane when it reaches Dallas. A real monster. So I'm heading home (about 70 miles north of Dallas, thankfully). My prayers and best wishes to those of you guys down on the coast, this one ain't gonna be pretty.

6. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    Psh, we're Texans, this ain't nothin', a lil slap on the wrist.

Serisouly though, All I'll get is some rain and winds way up here, but y'all down on the coast and south Houston, I'll be prayin' for ya.