Here's a trumpet joke thaan I made up.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpet_man, Apr 9, 2008.

1. trumpet_man

trumpet_man Piano User

Jan 17, 2008
    Wyoming
    Here's a trumpet joke that I made up.

If you have any trumpet jokes or funny experiences, be sure to post them here as well.

So these instrumentalists were asked to play solos at a solo festival. They were asked to say their name, the song they were going to play, and the instrument they would play it on. Half way into the paragraph is the punchline, I put it there so it wouldn't be the first thing to steal your eye and ruin the joke.

A guy gets up and walks onto the stage and says: "Hi, my name is George Brown and I will be playing Moonlight Sonata on the clairinette". Next another guy gets up and walks on the stage and says: "Hi, may name is John Jones and I will be playing Sonatina in C Major on my saxaphone". While the sax player was playing, the trumpet player was thinking how was coming up next and how much better of a job he will do once he plays. He felt very confident about the solo he was going to play and was definitely the type to brag about himself. So after the saxaphone player got done, the trumpet player got up and, feeling boundless with self-esteem and walking with his nose high up in the air, he walked up onto the stage and said "Hi, my name is Bruce Smith and I will be playing The Carnival of Venice on a 1-c". Do not read on, this is just random filler so that your eye didn't catch the end of the paragraph, causing you to see to see the punchline early. I figured if the punchline is tucked away into the middle of the paragraph, you won't notice it early and spoil the joke.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  2. screamingmorris

screamingmorris Mezzo Forte User

Apr 4, 2007
    Re: Here's a trumpet joke that I made up.

To quote Ed Wynn and Dick Van Dyke in "Mary Poppins":

"There's nothing like a good joke."
    "And that's nothing like a good joke." ;-)

"Doc Reinhardt, it hurts when I do this."
    "Then don't do that."

"I can't play a Double C."
    "You should drink plenty of chicken soup."
    "Chicken soup? That won't help."
    "Couldn't hoit."

"I'm a lead trumpet player. I use a shallow cup."
    "I'm a baseball player. I use a deep cup."

Long live Vaudeville... the world needs bad jokes :D

- Morris

3. Jurandr

Jurandr Pianissimo User