Hetman Synthetic Oils

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by kingflair, Dec 8, 2003.

1. kingflair

kingflair New Friend

Dec 2, 2003
    ottawa
    Anyone have any feedback on these oils. My repair guy has recommended giving them a try on my 68 Silver Flair. I have been using Al Cass.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    I would recommend them. I have used the regular and the light piston oil and they seem to work fine. I used AlCass for a long time but it would leave dicoloration / deposits on my valves when it broke down. Hetman doesn't seem to do this. Hetman also makes a really nice slide oil that works great for 1st and 3rd valve slides.

TM

3. trumplyr

trumplyr Pianissimo User

Oct 31, 2003
    Rochester Hills, Mi.
    I would echo what TM had to say. I switched from Cass a few years ago and have never had a problem. Cass worked fine on my old Bb, but the valves on the new (tighter) horns would slow and stick. I use Hetman classic on the Bb and Hetman light on all my other horns w/o any problems. I highly recommend the stuff.

4. No BS

No BS New Friend

Nov 2, 2003
    What do you guys think of Blue Juice?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    I hate that stuff! If I were you I would stay away NOBS. I used it for a while and the smell was cool but it made my valves look like a sewer. Green Sludge everywhere. Maybe it reacted to something but I thought it was awful. I have never had that kind of problem with any other valve oil

TM

6. Lawler Bb

Lawler Bb Piano User

Oct 25, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    I've used Blue Juice for a couple years now with great success. In fact, it is the only petroluem oil I have found that works well with my Lawler. Not to say others won't work, but Blue Juice makes my Lawler valves like lightning. I just recently got a bottle of Fat Cat oil. I have it on my Bachs right now, and it seems to work as well as Blue Juice.

I have heard great things about Hetman, I just haven't tried it.

7. trumplyr

trumplyr Pianissimo User

Oct 31, 2003
    Rochester Hills, Mi.
    Borrowed it one time in an emergency, seemed to work fine that night.

8. dcstep

dcstep Mezzo Piano User

Nov 27, 2003
    Denver
    Is Hetman unscented?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    Yes it is unscented. It smells like some kind of oil but no scent has been added

10. tpt1111

tpt1111 New Friend

Dec 27, 2003
    The Hetman oils have ruined all of my white shirts...
    The oils leaves a stain that will not come out...
    Good for the horn, though......