Hey ! Am i normal as a new trumpet player ?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by JD_93, Apr 4, 2009.

1. JD_93

JD_93 New Friend

Apr 4, 2009
    I can currently hit the g above staff
    Hey ! Here is my question, i've been playin trumpet for now 2 year and an half and i was wondering if i'd supossed to hit the A above the staff not "easily" but without too much difficulties, next year i'm going to be the lead trumpet in the school band and i'm a little bit afraid of these A and High C

I was just wondering if i was normal or if i just suck in high notes hehe:p

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
    Publius_ likes this.
  2. Publius_

Publius_ Banned

Jan 21, 2009
    ----
    well I have been playing for six years but I can hit the high A. There really is no correlation between how well you play and how high, But for playing for two years and being able to play the High A I would say you are pretty well off. If you want to get your range higher it takes time. And welcome to trumpetmaster.

3. JD_93

JD_93 New Friend

Apr 4, 2009
    Ok thanks :)

sorry im not very good in english yet and i dont know every expression you use so, could you tell me what mean pretty well off plz :)

Thanks you, this forum looks nice !

4. Publius_

Publius_ Banned

Jan 21, 2009
    ----
    Well 'you're pretty well off' means that you are at a good point. For playing two years that is good the High A is good. It takes time to learn to play the high notes well. And just wondering, what is your first language?

5. JD_93

JD_93 New Friend

Apr 4, 2009
    OK thanks, my first language is french.
    Still learning English at school :p

6. Publius_

Publius_ Banned

Jan 21, 2009
    ----
    oh nice, I know another language too. I know Ukrainian, I was born in America but my parents taught me pretty well. Your English isn't too bad, its actually pretty good.

7. JD_93

JD_93 New Friend

Apr 4, 2009
    Cool :p Thanks

Im currently playing and, to hit the Bb should i try to force it or just continu to play an A until my lips can go higher ?

8. willbarber

willbarber Piano User

Nov 22, 2008
    Medina, NY
    You should continue with the A, and improve in the other parts of your playing like tone, endurance, and other things, and the Bb and other higher notes will come with time.
    For 2 years, an A is great, so you should focus on playing with the best sound you can.

9. Publius_

Publius_ Banned

Jan 21, 2009
    ----
    yes I agree with will continue with the A then you will get used to it then maybe it shoot higher and get above the A

10. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    JD_93 : your first language is french. So : tu es fran├žais (comme moi, Bordeaux) ou belge, ou... ?