Hey. I'm a New User, here's a little bit about myself.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by IronClaymor3, Apr 21, 2009.

1. IronClaymor3

IronClaymor3 Banned

Apr 18, 2009
    YOUR MOMS HOUSE
    On here my name is IronClaymor3. I've played the trumpet since 5th grade and have been playing it since then which would be about 6 years. I've played in solo and ensemble for the last three years and am currently participating in a drum and bugle corps. The corps is called "Capital Reigment". We are an open class corps and are expected to go world class next year.
    I know quite a bit about the trumpet. Not to sound arrogant, but I can tell you the ins and outs of embrochure and so on. I've been taking private lessons for three years and my tone has really improved since then. My lowest not (excluding pedal tones) is an F#, highest double C. I use a 3c mouthpiece and figure that all lead mouthpieces are bad for you.
    Sorry about all the random posts, I honestly didn't know what the heck I was doing.

2. CHAMP

CHAMP Piano User

Nov 16, 2005
    as much as you know the ins and outs of "embrochure" (might want to check on the spelling before you start calling yourself an expert...), you don't know the ins and outs of this site...maybe try posting your introduction in the introduction and greetings section...

pretty sure you don't have a clue what a dubba c is either...

but welcome anyway, we all love your posts...

3. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
    "I've played the trumpet since 5th grade and have been playing it since then which would be about 6 years...I know quite a bit about the trumpet. Not to sound arrogant, but I can tell you the ins and outs of embrochure and so on."

You do realize there are professional trumpet teachers and players posting here, right?

4. lemmon13

lemmon13 New Friend

Mar 7, 2009
    random but i saw ur signature[iornclaymor3] i play petite piece concerte back in 7th grade... good song!...im currently in 9th........haha gbdreamer good piont

5. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Double C is not the one immediately above the staff, it is an octave above that. I think you are talking about having a high C! Double C after 3 years of private lessons is theoretically possible, but if you really had it, the Goedicke would not have been your highlight, the Michael Haydn would have been.

Maturity brings us to the awareness that we really know little about anything - except the myths that we have been fed. This is true for music, politics and just about anything else "creative". A thirst for knowledge keeps us asking questions, not spreading myths or bragging. Learning to LISTEN is something that often starts in college. That makes posts like yours VERY easy to label as "high school". We have all been there. You will have to understand that your situation or playing qualities are not particularly unique - or consummate.

I don't know who fed you with the myth about lead mouthpieces being bad. They are merely another specialty tool for doing a particular type of playing. If properly used, they can make the lead players life easier by changing the tone quality. They are not a cure for range.

It is also not possible to to "know" the ins and outs of embouchure. You have simply not worked with enough other players long enough to have a base of reference - even concerning your own playing.

I am sure that you can be very proud of what you have accomplished. Just remember that is all in the past. You are working for tomorrow - and that brings NEW challenges.