Hi again!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Arcanemage, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Arcanemage

Arcanemage New Friend

Aug 23, 2009
    :D Hey all! Great to get back to the Trumpet Forum. I was on here for a brief spell, and then because of school and stuff I had to quit. O.K. I had one quick question for ya'll.

[I fixed my eye problem thingie btw, for those of you who remember some of the issues that I had a long time ago.]

Okay, when I play a song, for some reason after I play for a while, or even a short time my notes tend to come out warbly, like there's some spit in my valve. I press the spit valve and most of the time very little spit (if anything at all) comes out of my trumpet.

Why is that? What am I doing wrong? Again, sorry for my inactivity, I'll try to be more active it's just that I've been trying so hard to be good at school, life, and trumpet playing that that has consumed most of my playing time.

2. john7401

john7401 Pianissimo User

Jul 3, 2009
    I'm not positive but I know sometimes when I play quiet or am just playing very rarely I will get that same thing and its just because I'm overloading too much spit in the mouthpiece when trying to play.

Not sure if its the same thing or not since it never really got as bad as the "warble" from the spit valve.

3. Arcanemage

Arcanemage New Friend

Aug 23, 2009
    Hmm.... probally not enough air. Most of the time I just feel exhausted and I turn red in the face. Help please?

4. s.coomer

s.coomer Forte User

Mar 25, 2005
    Indianapolis, In
    Get a good competant teacher and work on your air and embouchure. Do what the teacher tells you and have patience.

5. dhbailey

dhbailey Piano User

Jul 28, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Practice a lot of long tones, low and quietly and work on tone exercises such as the Concone Solfeggie.