Hi Manny

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by dow30, Apr 23, 2006.

1. dow30

dow30 Piano User

Apr 26, 2005
    NY
    Forgot to ask, How did your son's Easter gig go? Hope he had fun and it wasn't to stressful for you. I'm sure a good Easter dinner with chaser would have been a good enough sedative. Of course you may have needed the chaser well before dinner.
    Anyway hope it went well for all!

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Ha!

He did great from what I heard from his mother. He was playing with a couple of college boys and held his own very well. I was playing my own job. I hope next year to play a gig with him. Wouldn't that be a cool thing to play a gig with your own kid?

Has anybody here done that? Was it as sweet a moment as i'm imagining?

ML

3. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    Last Easter I played with my son. He plays trombone. I thought it was great.

About a month ago I played a concert with a local community band and asked if my daughter could play. She sat next to me and we played together. It was great again.

Manny, You could join the community band with your kids. You would be giving back to the community and have fun with your family. You can't imagine what it would for the band too.

4. dow30

dow30 Piano User

Apr 26, 2005
    NY
    Manny,

Glad to hear it went well. Probably the best thing in the world was to have to play with the college kids. Sounds like he stepped up to the plate no problem, already showing the signs of a true professiional!

And yes it's great that music is something the whole family can participate in and enjoy! If more people would get their kids an instrument, instead of an X Box, we'd probably all be better off!

5. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    ML wrote:
    Manny a few years ago, I ran a rehearsal big band that played a few gigs.
    My then 16 year old son played the third trumpet book.
    Here is a gig shot. He is far right, and I am second from the left.
    He has his father's form.

And yes! It was really great!!!
    [​IMG]

-cw-

6. dow30

dow30 Piano User

Apr 26, 2005
    NY
    Chuck,

You traded in your fire suit for a Tux. I Love it! You both look Great!

7. 40cal

40cal Forte User

Dec 13, 2005
    Minnesota
    I hope to someday echo the same experiences as those of you here.

Now if I can just get my sister in law to stop brainwashing my kid about the violin..... :shock:

8. Danny W

Danny W New Friend

Aug 26, 2005
    Twin Cities, MN
    ahem...
    yeah, i'm talkin to ya :lol:

9. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    It is, Manny. A couple of years back I was playing 3rd in our community band and my daughter was playing 1st horn. You can hear a recording of us at http://www.lcbs.ca (upper right corner). If you'd asked us 10 years ago whether we thought we'd ever be recorded... let along together... I'd have suggested you go soak your head. But... it happened. A thrill.

10. gregc

gregc Mezzo Piano User

Apr 5, 2004
    New York, U.S. of A.
    my daughter sang at a wedding recently and I accompanied her on guitar. It was a thrill for me!