Hi TM I'm back and i have videos :D

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by daniel117, Feb 10, 2013.

1. trumpetup

trumpetup Piano User

Jan 12, 2009
    Godley, Texas
    You look familiar to me too. With the shallow breathing and tension I thought I was looking in the mirror.:-)
    If you aren't used to playing through a mute sometimes you will hit low on a note or not reach it at all. Also I like the natural reverb effect of the corner of a room. But too much of a good thing absorbs your sound. Not good for recording.
    You’re doing fine, stay with it.
    Bobby

2. cantplaytrumpet

cantplaytrumpet Pianissimo User

Apr 2, 2012
    Oh and do you have a tuner? You were incredibly sharp doing those octave leaps near the start of the second one. Not just a tuner, but a metronome too? If not, a Korg TM-40 really is invaluable. It's both a tuner and a metronome. :D
    Hope it helps.

And do not force the high notes! Seriously, a good friend of mine busted up his lip so bad trying to do that that he had to go to hospital and couldn't play for two months. Take caution and only try to steadily increase your range, forcing will get you nowhere - fast.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  3. Richard Oliver

Richard Oliver Forte User

Jul 18, 2006
    Casper, WY
    This might fire your imagination:

BOTTI 1a

It's Chris Botti, and talking at times about doing the boring stuff trumpet players should do.

4. -C-

-C- Pianissimo User

Jul 13, 2011
    I agree. With better breath support he could probably hit a solid High C.

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio

I hear control issues before getting to the high C... While I don't disagree that big air will add to the quest... more muscle development is necessary. I detect early fatigue.