High C on Martin Committee (Above the Staff)

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by jessman, Sep 26, 2011.

1. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon

Don't give it to Gmonday .... he'll put you on meds that make you forget you gave away your Committee.:thumbdown:

And it's 10 X 12 !:lol:

Turtle

2. JNINWI

JNINWI Piano User

Apr 26, 2011
    Earth
    I think it can be either the horn or the person behind the horn IMHO. I took a Leblanc “MF” horn in for a yearly acid cleaning once and the tech noticed that the lead pipe was spread out just a little farther than the tuning slide, so he gently moved the lead pipe in line with the tuning slide and handed me the horn, (after cleaning and maint.). Well my “D” above the staff was so sharp I couldn’t even lip it down. So he said here let me squeeze the lead pipe at the tuning slide when you play and the D was right back in tune. So he undid his straightning work and all was well. There can be horn-related influences that can effect your horn’s ability to slot certain notes. Additionally it can be the person also ! It’s good to have someone else play the horn to verify what it is not !!! :-)

coolerdave likes this.
  3. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    That is one of the reasons (no lamp) you NEED to trade my Ambassador for your Severinsen. I hope you see the "light" on this one (plus the SR bell and R leadpipe AND Zig putting this one together also (just "found" that out!!!) ).:D

turtlejimmy likes this.
  4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    BUT you really got to get that mirror out of your shed Dude! Shed that mirror.

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    My cute little dogies, the furriest one named Jazz, now have their tails between their legs and are whining with the thought of this horn going to a Turtle. Please, please show compassion to man's best friend. Do not deny them this thrill of having a Committee to lick and curl up with to keep warm next to my fireplace on those cold Midwest Winter nights. With the warmth of the Committee's tones and the glow of the fireplace, my doggies will be so content. Please, please kind sir, don't deny those loving cute little puppies such a pleasure. Puppies are for loving... Turtles are for soup.

6. stevesf

stevesf Piano User

Jun 23, 2010
    San Francisco Bay Area
    awwwwww puppy love :oops:

7. PatMurphy

PatMurphy Pianissimo User

Aug 9, 2009
    Cherry Hill NJ
    Send it to me. I am old enough to be this horns father and so will treat it like my son. :-)

8. jessman

jessman Pianissimo User

Jul 3, 2009
    Corpus Christi Texas
    Man you guys crack me up. I really appreciate all the good advice and the laughs you sent with them. Clearly there is a lot of talent and experience behind the information given. :cool:ROFL

9. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    and beer .. don't forget the beer

10. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    We're talk'n KEGs; Keg's-o-beer!