High Confidence

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by BrassBandMajor, Dec 1, 2015.

1. gunshowtickets

gunshowtickets Forte User

Mar 11, 2015
    Tidewater, VA
    OK, do what Stewart says, too.

2. BrassBandMajor

BrassBandMajor Fortissimo User

Jan 13, 2015
    London
    Oh yes regarding your post with the last sentence or statement you TRIED to post trying hard not to use harsh or offensive words, yes I hear those from lots of TM members. Who cares I have got bad horns, if they have served well for orchestral and band use for seven solid years, I think they are doing their duties fine. Its not that everyone trumpet player gets a Bach Stradivarius to start their journey of trumpeting. Yes, I am ready to face much more harsh statements from you and surely I will defend myself if I think it wrong but if your statement very true enough yes I will accept it.

Thank you for your words, Gian D. or I say gunshowtickets.
    And plus if you think I am a one of those computer-sit-down-mad play kids, you're wrong.
    As I mentioned trumpet is not my main instrument, I think a nice Grade 5 ABRSM with Distinction would serve well.
    My main instrument are three, Clarinet, Cello, French horn and my hobbies are trumpet and piano.

Some encourage, some help, some mock, some shout.
    Yes if I act like this 'AHHHHH stop bullying' most 'some mock or shout' people will say go cry in the corner.
    Yes, I know this is reality and I am still learning in this great wide world, so please understand.

And I think I made my statement clear regarding this statement you posted on your signature.
    -->If what I've posted offends you, please feel free to leave your need for validation below.

3. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    Well, the irony here, if you'd just listen to yourself, is that if you didn't spend so much time and energy chasing down, and paying for, your instrument menagerie, you probably could have a Strad.

You know, that being the case, the French horn is such a magnificent instrument at the same time a challenge to control and also to get a great sound out of, I would forget about trumpet and clarinet, and concentrate on it.

Logically, piano would be the best choice for the second instrument, but cello is also a grand instrument and would make a nice complement to the Horn.

4. BrassBandMajor

BrassBandMajor Fortissimo User

Jan 13, 2015
    London
    Don't you think giving up after 6 years worth of played instruments is a hard thing?
    Plus why would you? I love trumpet playing in the big band and I love clarinet solo playing!

5. Clarkvinmazz

Clarkvinmazz Forte User

May 11, 2013
    Oberlin, Ohio
    I gave up playing both violin and piano after playing each for 6 years in favor of the trumpet- yes I enjoyed it, but I knew that was the instrument for me. As for the harsh words, it seems that that's the only way you listen to what we're saying. You keep buying so-so-so student instruments, and as kehaulani said, if you hadon't done that you could have bought a strad, or at least something similar.

6. gunshowtickets

gunshowtickets Forte User

Mar 11, 2015
    Tidewater, VA
    Well, at least you've entrenched yourself, so kudos for that. Mmm, kudos. Mmmm.
    You've gotten yourself a tutor of sorts, but you seem to be trying to master too much at once. Trumpet isn't a doubling instrument to horn, nor vice versa, especially if you want to develop the finesse and proficiency of, say, Vizzutti. Aint gonna happen.
    My first horn was a Leblanc student model, by the by. Strad's then nor now interest me, they are at the low end of what i consider professional quality (dare me to post that on the oTHer forum? ;) ). Kehaulani's right- you could have gotten a good used pro horn by now. There is some mystique about rotaries, so i get it.

I'll also direct you to the rest of my posts where i'm trying to help you, and i still am.

Cliffs:
    Give up all the other instruments, sell your sub-par trumpets, and devote full time to trumpet.