High note trumpet playing-SOUND!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by wnaus, May 18, 2009.

1. wnaus

wnaus Pianissimo User

Dec 4, 2008
    I would not say wasted but probably not well refined. I don't want to hear obvious ego in trumpet playing, I lived through that on Maynard and Buddy's band, but rather a more mature approach. At least try to disguise your ego somewhat. Really great art should be closer to God than man.
    Wayne
    Welcome to Wayne Naus' World

2. wnaus

wnaus Pianissimo User

Dec 4, 2008
    Well said!
    Wayne

3. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    Speaking of egos, It might be tough to take the ego out of the trumpet player especially since the history of the trumpet suggests that they herald events. Like an oncoming army or (the oldest trumpeters) elephants coming at you.
    Maybe its a rite of passage. Before young bulls mellow they must first go through the "I can play the highest note" phase. Thinking back to high school some 30 years ago I was the same way. Luckily for the neighborhood, now I'm not.
    Interestingly, I didn't see many females on Youtube doing the high note thing. Of course I probably looked in the wrong place.

4. wnaus

wnaus Pianissimo User

Dec 4, 2008
    Yea it is an ego thing to play the trumpet and I like your analogy. But to quote a Tower of Power tune, "Keep your monster on a lease"!
    Wayne
    Welcome to Wayne Naus' World