High notes tips (Everybody read this this is awesome!!)

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by keigoh, Mar 9, 2013.

1. ultratrumpet

ultratrumpet Piano User

Jul 10, 2009
    Old Lyme, Connecticut
    "The secret to high notes is"... consistent practice using methods that "are in tune with nature's requirements." - Ernest Williams

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  2. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    your doing something wrong then ----- I had a DHC withing 2 years after I came back to the trumpet, after a decade off!!!! ----- and now I have a consistent high G (octave above the one on top of the staff) ----- played up to a DHC last night!!!!! ((( of course, to play it consistently, everyday, and on command, and in tune, and with the correct intonation, and the correct rhythm)))) ---- well, let me stick with my first line ----- if you ain't got no Double High C, YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING WRONG!!!!! ------ or getting less frustrated than us peeps trying to make it REAL, ALL THE TIME ----- ROFL ROFL ROFL

3. Recursion

Recursion Mezzo Piano User

Jun 22, 2012
    Cape Coral, FL
    You mean trade secrets? Copyrights don't protect functional aspects. ;-)

Okay KT! Check this out...***G***...on demand!! Oh yeah, and just squeaked a DHC! [email protected]!!

4. Recursion

Jun 22, 2012
    Cape Coral, FL
    Amen! It takes time...lots of time. I'm in your boat: I don't have as much time to practice as I'd like; but luckily, I don't play for a living, 'cuz I'd be broke! ;-)

5. tjcombo

tjcombo Forte User

Nov 12, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    Well there you go - I know even less about intellectual property law than I do about the mysteries of blowing high notes.

Clearly I should've enrolled in Music Business rather than performance :oops:

6. Recursion

Jun 22, 2012
    Cape Coral, FL
    And I should have kept playing the trumpet rather than pursuing sports! :oops:

7. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    It is said that with age comes wisdom (perhaps sometime), I will turn 75 in a couple of weeks and have decided to let the younger guys like kt to do the screaming double C. I am happy with my range, it is sufficient for the groups I play in. If I can maintain my current level for another 15 years I will be more than happy.

Regards, Stuart.

8. Recursion

Jun 22, 2012
    Cape Coral, FL
    Lots of props, Stuart. :worthy:

9. Kendall

Kendall Piano User

Jan 21, 2013
    UK
    Lol - we are all obsessed with playing high, but I have an awesome tone on the low notes :oops:!!!! In saying that the high notes are coming (very very slowly but they are - not always with good tone and intonation - but they can be heard!) Meanwhile I'll take comfort in my awesome low register!!!

10. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    I need to work on my low register more. I think it's more important than the high for most things.