High notes tips (Everybody read this this is awesome!!)

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by keigoh, Mar 9, 2013.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    But what about when you're playing your trumpet?

2. chet fan

chet fan Piano User

Jul 3, 2009
    you described a darth vader's lightsabre sticking from ones ar** :)

3. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Man, 41 posts and no one has mentioned the obvious. You must have a lead trumpet with a lead mpc.. That is the high note tip of the day!!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. JNINWI

JNINWI Piano User

Apr 26, 2011
    Earth
    Here's a high note tip........Youtube Jon Faddis and watch him very, very closely...... Tons of free info......

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Let me shoot your above theory down with this response: The Martin Committee in the hands of Miles Davis and Chet Baker was dark, and spoke of intimate passages. In the hands of Dizzy Gillespie, that same horn screamed cutting bebop lines. So 'splain that Mr. Sunglasses tobylou Sunman 8!

6. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Easy. Miles and Chet didn't have the right mouthpiece. Like, you know, duh!:zzz:

7. RicardoStalwart

RicardoStalwart Pianissimo User

Aug 20, 2012
    Maryland
    I have been playing the trumpet for less than a year and I can play above a high C. My advice is to first understand trumpet physics it helped me. Playing high notes actually requires less air but much more speed and a smaller aperture. THE TOUNGE LEVEL IS KEY, YOUR TONGUE SHOULD RAISE AND MOVE FOrward to get those high notes. Look at some great trumpet players , they're experts at compressing air and managing their breaths so they have reserves of air to shoot quickly for their high notes. There are literally colts of trumpet players who wont share information {(screw that man)they will receive their rewards in full as Jesus said} haha take in as much advice as you can....test.... reject or accept.

8. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    EXACTLY!!! Think how good they Coulda been....

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I will soon be testing that theory as well. On Friday I purchased the Gustat G2 from Jack Kanstul. The copied the mouthpiece loaned to them by Wallace Roney, who was given that mouthpiece by Miles. We will see what that pretty little piece does when I mount it on my Martin Committee... I bet it will be just as lethal in my hands.

10. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I thought EVERYONE WHO IS ANYONE already knew this by NOW ----you need a KING TRUMPET and an ASYMMETRIC MPC ROFL ROFL ROFL