High Notes

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by B15M, Sep 7, 2009.

1. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I'm in miami recording a Cd this week (with Frank Greene, Greg Gisbert, etc...yikes!) but perhaps some other time!
    -t

2. Al Innella

Al Innella Forte User

Aug 9, 2007
    Levittown , NY
    If you and your daughter changed your embouchure, and the high notes started to come out, I would try to stick with this for a while , when I first made my change the high notes started to come out but my sound was thinner and smaller in all registers than it was before , the more I practiced the better my sound got in all registers, that was back in '75 and I have been playing lead in bands ever since, the upper register comes with a combination and coordination of lip compression, jaw and tongue placement, air flow,and breathing, if only one of these is missing or done incorrectly your upper register will be limited and not very big, it takes time to develop this, I was able to work after a month, although I wasn't really happy with my sound [smaller than I really wanted] but it did keep growing and by 3 mos. after the change my sound had developed to where I wanted it. Oh by the way I was 25 yrs. old when I did this.

3. Smithi20

Smithi20 Pianissimo User

Oct 29, 2007
    London
    Please don´t think about it too much, have a lesson with Bobby Shew when you can, he´s a gentleman and a scholar. It´s worth waiting for, tell him Ian from Cork 20 years ago says hello!

4. ltg_trumpet

ltg_trumpet Mezzo Piano User

Jan 21, 2009
    YES! rowuk... thats so true... i have to hear a pitch when i play notes above the staff... My teacher would say something like more air... can you play those high notes? and ive told him before... theyre just notes like every other one...