Higher trumpets

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpetnick, Feb 24, 2007.

1. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Vidin, Bulgaria
    Manny,
    As far as I understood, you use monette exclusively when is about B flat and C trumpets...What equipment do you use for higher parts (f,g, and high a and b flat trumpets)? As far as I remember, I said once that you were waiting Dave to fogure out the B flat/A piccolo as for the moment he is not making any combos but just plain high B flat or A piccolo trumpets. I am not sure either if he is building F or G trumpets, which can be very useful for some Bach cantatas...

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Nick,

I have written about a couple of horns that once belonged to Mr. Vachiano. I have his F with which he recorded the Brandenburg and also a G Frankenhorn that I bought from him. I have a Selmer piccolo which I purchased back in the 80's and another Selmer piccolo which was a gift from Doc Severinsen.

I also have an F/G combination by Bach which I bought from a friend back in Seattle.

I have an Eb that I bought from Vacchiano when he was liquidating his horn collection back in 1976 and an Eb cornet that I bought after Mr. Broiles died. The rest are Eb's and D's that I bought from Dave Monette.

ML

3. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Pianissimo User

wow.. what a collection!

4. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York

The rest?!? :-o

Tools of the trade, I guess!