Hmmmmmm…… what do they think is in my box?

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by bandman, Jan 19, 2006.

1. bandman

bandman Forte User

Oct 16, 2004
    Lafayette, LA, USA
    I ordered a pair of tennis shoes from a buy in China! Yep, the good old Peoples Republic itself!!! Why? The Newest Nike Shox in the local mall sell for over $150, but I bought them, in my choice of color, for $46.03 and $18 shipping.

My box of shoes entered US Customs at 11:54 AM on the 16th and they have not left customs as of tonight! I wonder what they think is in my box? 2½ days on customs? I wonder how many more days they will hold my shoes? This is starting to get interesting. I wonder what they do with boxes that are hard to x-ray?

2. londonhusker

londonhusker Guest

deleted

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2007
  3. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Maybe your shoes are being held as character witnesses!

4. bandman

bandman Forte User

Oct 16, 2004
    Lafayette, LA, USA
    I know there is a joke there, but I don't get it! :dontknow:

5. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Bandman,

I think I saw a customs guy wearing your shoes yesterday. He was also smoking a cuban cigar... :lol:

Don't worry. I had a friend in Europe send me some picc leadpipes. It sat in customs for 3 days!! I wondered if they thought they were pistol barrels or something. :lol:

Make sure you post a picture if and when you get them. You have me very curious now.

Meanwhile everyone....

PLEASE SEND YOUR "LETS GET BANDMAN OUT OF CUSTOMS JAIL" CONTRIBUTIONS TO:
    C/O ROGERIO PO BOX A12345-SUKR,
    PHOENIX AZ 85000

NO CHECKS PLEASE - MONEY ORDERS ONLY

WE GOTS YOUR BACK BANDMAN...

6. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    I'm chuckling because 3 days is NOTHING! There's a guy in Calgary who purchased a trumpet online and it sat in Customs at Vancouver for 3 MONTHS! I don't know what got pooched with the paperwork but it was entirely ridiculous.

Although I've had some extensive "wait periods" it had more to do with the couriers and customs brokers than the actual Customs department itself.

(Note to self: do not let daughter purchase sneakers online ... even if the colours ARE totally different from what's available in the stores here)

But...how do you know if the dang things will FIT!?

7. bandman

bandman Forte User

Oct 16, 2004
    Lafayette, LA, USA
    I’m so upset I missed you when I was in Arizona last year. You still have that great sense of humor that I remember from high school! I no longer have family in Tucson, but I still do business in Scottsdale every once in a while. I’ll be sure not to miss that dinner with you next time I’m out there – I’ll even wear my Chinese tennis shoes!

I was told 5-7 days total shipping (yikes – they might be in customs that long). As far as the fit, I went to a local store and tried them on when I bought my daughter some shoes at that store. When the guy told me they were $150 I freaked! He told me how to buy them online from China – same Nike shoes! He had on a pair that he told me were from the same guy. He warned me that the shipping might take 10-days. He said it was still much cheaper than buying them at the store with an employee discount!

My daughter bought some shox for $79 at the store here in Lafayette. No one can convince me that the other ones should be almost double that price. I was also able to get them in all white buying them online – a color choice that was not available at the mall.

One thought, buying stuff online is not really that risky anymore, but maybe I was stupid to buy them from China. I do know there is a box with something for me at the San Francisco Customs Port of Entry. Right about now I’m really curious if they will ever get here. They are still in customs as of a few minutes ago! That makes over 3-days!

8. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Thanks Bandman. Dinner is on... when you get here... otherwise I'll need to order you Dominos. There is a 3 pound Burro place I've been wanting to try.

This will mess with your brain cells... got a X-mas card from Robin Safeer this year.... yeah, wow huh?

Good luck on the shoes. Keep us posted.

9. bandman

bandman Forte User

Oct 16, 2004
    Lafayette, LA, USA
    Yep, that one brings back memories. She was one of the prettiest girls I ever knew, and she was as sweet as she was pretty! Send me an IM and tell me where she's at nowdays. I'd love to send her a note to say hello!

10. bandman

bandman Forte User

Oct 16, 2004
    Lafayette, LA, USA
    As of last night my shoes shoe that they are in the way to Louisiana. 4-Days in customs??? I would think they would x-ray that box and get them out of there in one day, but I guess it is better that they are trying to be safe.

I'm curious as to how much of that Cuban cigar smell will still be on my shoes when they get here? :-o