Holton T161 C trumpet

Discussion in 'Horns' started by trumpet blower88, Jul 13, 2006.

1. trumpet blower88

trumpet blower88 Mezzo Piano User

Jun 15, 2005
    Flagstaff, AZ
    I've stumbled upon the oppertunity to buy this horn for $900 new. Every website I've seen has the regular price at about $2,300 right up there with the Yammaha Xeno and Bach Strads, but its usualy "on sale" for about $1,500.

This seems to be the top of the line C trumpet that Holton/Leblanc makes, but I was wondering if anyone knows how it would compare to the Yammie or a Bach, and if it's worth $900?

As of right now, I'm pretty set on getting it, I've always been a fan of Holton already owning two of their horns. I basicaly have until tommarow (thursday) night to finaly decide on it so I'm mainly looking on here for any red flag warnings/horror story and possible reasons to not buy it.

Thanks for your help!

And, I know... this goes against pretty much all of my "buying a horn advice" with rushing into it and all, but they've got a pretty good return policy on it and if I don't like it, I can just take it back and get all my money back.

2. ertatta

ertatta New Friend

Oct 19, 2004
    texas
    i own probably the 2 most highly regarded C trumpets currently.. yamaha chicago artist model and bach chicago C. but for some reason i find myself doing google searches every couple months for a deal on a Holton T161 and came across this post and was wondering if u ever bought the horn? on many occasions i played this horn at various music conventions and always came away very impressed and always regret not having picked one up when they were in production.
    let me know!