Homework Help!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Mason, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stile442

Stile442 Piano User

Mar 26, 2007
    Deland Fl
    Mason, we may be poking a little fun about the fingering chart thing but don't take it personally and don't stop asking for help if there is something you don't understand. We just can't imagine a teacher that doesn't teach the basics of trumpet playing. If it makes you feel any better, I could not play my chromatic scale properly for years. It just takes time.

:grouphug:

2. Brekelefuw

Brekelefuw Fortissimo User

Mar 21, 2006
    Toronto
    Don't be flat, don't be sharp....be natural.

3. Bob Grier

Bob Grier Forte User

May 4, 2007
    Greensboro, NC
    sounds like a band director not a private teacher. At least i hope it's not a private teacher. First of all the chromatic scale is not a major scale and doesn't have a key. if this is what a private teacher has taught you, run don't walk away and find someone who knows something about how to teach music!!

4. wiseone2

wiseone2 Artitst in Residence Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Brooklyn,NY
    A teacher assigns chromatic scales, but does not explain sharps and flats? The same teacher does not provide information on fingering of notes to student..........Professor Harold Hill lives!

5. Mason

Mason Pianissimo User

Oct 7, 2008
    Australia
    he said he will teach me it next week.

6. Mason

Mason Pianissimo User

Oct 7, 2008
    Australia
    he said he will teach me it all next week if i dont get it right

7. MJ

MJ Administrator Staff Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Naptown
    Mason would you tell your teacher to join this site and have him take a look at this thread.

8. edcon1981

edcon1981 Mezzo Forte User

Jun 25, 2008
    Central Jersey
    omg we have soooo been down this road with you before and fingering charts and not understanding how to read them and not being able to hit an "a" with pushing down valves one and two and having a teacher that doesn't teach you properly... anyone remember that one? or am i crazy?

oh, i'm sorry, that was hitman0042. mason is a new person...

9. edcon1981

edcon1981 Mezzo Forte User

Jun 25, 2008
    Central Jersey
    i'm starting to wonder if you deal with your teacher the same way you deal with us... be it with this persona or in a past life. if i were a teacher dealing with a student like you i'd be inclined to take this stance regarding your education.

10. Mason

Mason Pianissimo User

Oct 7, 2008
    Australia
    umm yer that was hitman0042 sorry wrong guy, i guess you might be crazy.

Well luckily i dont have a jerk of a teacher like some people out there that will refuse the teach someone because they are a bit slow in learning.....

Umm his 72 years old and he isnt the best with computers, his not they type that will go on forums

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.