Homework Help!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Mason, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trumpet Dad

Trumpet Dad Pianissimo User

Jun 20, 2008
    New Jersey, USA
    Could it be a clever Jedi trick to increase traffic to the site?

2. edcon1981

edcon1981 Mezzo Forte User

Jun 25, 2008
    Central Jersey
    action... adventure... excitement... a jedi seeks not these things.

sorry, couldn't resist :cool:

3. Mason

Mason Pianissimo User

Oct 7, 2008
    Australia
    ah as a jedi of the republic i used the mind trick lol

Look my teacher said you have to learn the chromatic scale yourself this week and if you dont get it ill teach you anyway the next week. I didnt know how to do it and the fingering chart he gave me was a little confusing for me - and i really dont care if a 5 year old can understand it! You guys are treating like if i have been playing for 10 years and asking this question. Well i haven't Ive only played for 3 months. MY teacher jus gave me the chromatic scale new. He never taught me to use the fingering chart because he would tell me what valves to press and how to play it.Except for this time.

I joined TM to get help, advice for question that come to me that second. Im not here to cause trouble as you call it "troll".

You cant compare a professional trumpeter like you guys with me. That like comparing PC skills with some of you guys with me. I guarantee i would be better that some of you guys!

You dont see me abusing you about that do you??

4. RobertSlotte

RobertSlotte Pianissimo User

Jul 7, 2008
    Finland
    Mason...Do you really have a teacher? Has he played the trumpet??? Why didnĀ“t he tell you that 1 means first valve and 12 means first and second valve at the same time??? that is on the FIRST lesson with my students!

5. nordlandstrompet

nordlandstrompet Forte User

Apr 5, 2008
    Norway
    This fingering chart has been posted to you at last three times.

It shows a scetch of a trumpet with valves numbered 1 2 3.

Open means that no valves is pressed down.

The chart also shows a cromatic scale.

If it begins on a bottom C, and stops an octave higher, it is called a chromatic C-scale.

Does it make sence to you?

[​IMG]

6. edcon1981

Jun 25, 2008
    Central Jersey
    A fingering chart is the VERY FIRST THING a beginning trumpeter is given to learn and understand. a beginner cannot play trumpet without owning and knowing how to utilize a fingering chart, hell it's the second page in every method book. how could you be playing for three months and still not know how to read a fingering chart REGARDLESS where it came from? how could you not figure out that when the numbers 1, 2, and 3 are referenced with a trumpet that it corresponds to anything but the valves? you've been given fingering charts by us in the past, you've been explained how to interpret fingering charts by us in the past, how is it that after all this time you don't understand?! Criminy, common sense would dictate that if you're given a new fingering chart that you don't understand then go back to the old one, FINGERINGS DON'T CHANGE!!!

if you seriously are having this much trouble understanding the basic fundamentals of a fingering chart, how can you play and interpret music? three months is one hell of a learning curve...

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  7. Mason

Mason Pianissimo User

Oct 7, 2008
    Australia
    well he i guess he teaches me differently. I just dont get why there number where together eg, 12 or 123 it should be 1,2,3.

If your suggesting i wont be able to play music etc. Well im not going to listen to you and i dont care what you say.Im still going to play and learn as i go. Even without the fingering chart i still know what each note means and etc.

8. edcon1981

Jun 25, 2008
    Central Jersey
    well what else could it be? exactly what else went through your mind when you saw "12" below an "A" on a trumpet fingering chart?

i challenge you to scan this fingering chart and let us all see it. i'm sure i'm not the only one that wants to know what is so bloody confusing.

9. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    You need a bugle...I need anaspirin, and a bottle of single malt scotch.

You win Mason, enjoy the site.

-cw-

10. Mason

Mason Pianissimo User

Oct 7, 2008
    Australia
    what you mean solar bell i win? It not a war or some competition. I didnt want this to happen i just want a few people to answer the question i asked - thats it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.