Homework Help!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Mason, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonybaloney

tonybaloney Pianissimo User

Oct 8, 2008
    Arlington
    I hope your teacher, if you have one, does not expect you to be able to play the WHOLE range of the horn. That is an absurd task for a person who has been playing only but 3 months.

Me, being mostly self taught, did not learn the full range until I entered my freshman year of high school. Partly because, I did not have the knowledge of my range. My middle school band director gave me music, and I played it, nothing more. The band director I have now showed me how to understand music, introducing me to music theory. He could not however show me the right technique. He is a woodwind player.

I cannot level with the other people here because I came a few days or so after 'hitman.' I can however in a sense get on the level with Mason, I struggled, but I got through. I picked up my Arban's and I got some music theory books. He may be struggling, or pulling our legs. I have yet to decide.

2. tonybaloney

tonybaloney Pianissimo User

Oct 8, 2008
    Arlington
    I cannot however, grasp the fact that he does not know what the finger chart is.

3. Mason

Mason Pianissimo User

Oct 7, 2008
    Australia
    soooo what! I will learn like how i did now

4. edcon1981

edcon1981 Mezzo Forte User

Jun 25, 2008
    Central Jersey
    it means that he, among other people, has given up on you. enjoy the site, but don't expect anything from the people that use this site for it's intended purpose.

chuck, why don't you fly down to philly and i'll crack open my bottle of appleton estates 36 y/o rum straight from jamaica. we'll drink and play with fireworks.

5. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    The issue has been adequately covered and seems to be clear enough to all involved. I am closing the thread as all of the fingerings for a beginner are now available.

Robin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.