Hopeless trumpet players: have you met them?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by DiaxII, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    I never could play a " middle G on the second space in the staff" ... because it is not there. Typograpical error ??? The G is on the second line of the staff. It is an A in the second space.

2. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    But A for us trumpet (or other Bb instruments) players is G in concert pitch :think:

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Maybe in his mind... he was transposing... could happen... I mean, since playing in a quintet that throws piano lead sheets in front of me 95% of the time, I am finding it harder to read music I am not transposing.;-)

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    SO

Let's B# and C it as Dbb... Dbb... Dbb same thing!

5. DiaxII

DiaxII Pianissimo User

Oct 22, 2009
    E.Europe
    Anyway you look at it the meaning of my comment doesn't change much. They are about the same pitch compared to an interval of octave in the context of my relevant comment.
    For the record: I've made a mistake. That's probably the G I see in my dreams is on top of the staff, that is not on the line.

6. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    You're absolutely right, and when a conductor asks a Bb trumpeter to play a G s/he always asks in concert pitch, thereby the Bb trumpeter correctly responds with the second space A. I'd say most of the music I play is transposed from piano music aka concert key music, where I also add two sharps to whatever the key signature of the piano music is when I'm playing a Bb instrument.