Horrible day

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by hhsTrumpet, Jul 24, 2012.

1. frankmike

frankmike Piano User

Dec 5, 2008
    ok, vidim da imaš problema sa mojim pravopisom. ajde da vidimo tebe kako bi ti meni odgovorio na mom jeziku kao što sam ja tebi odgovorio na tvom. pizdek jedan (ovdje ti ni google ne pomaže), zapravo mogu te još malo više zajebat, pa ti pisati u dijalektu ne, čuk kak bi rekel, jas sem mu lepo rekel da je tri sata preveč jer prv zaprav on je amater i nezna kaj dela i najvjerovatnije tih tri sata vježba krivo. a i preforsira se pa si vubije ambažuru. ali kaj ti razmeš -niš ti ne razmeš, jer si bedast.

2. D.C. Al fine

D.C. Al fine Banned

May 8, 2012
    USA
    For everyone else here is his reply, translated by Google translate from Croaitan to English:

I see you have a problem with my spelling. Let's see how you would have answered me in my language as I answered you in your. Jerk one (here you even google does not help), you can actually screw a little more, so you do not write in dialect, owl would Rekel kak, I except him nicely Rekel to three hours Preveč first because he really knows is an amateur and among the offense and probably three hours of exercise wrong. and so you can preforsira vubije ambažuru. or what you razmeš-nis razmeš you do not, because you're stupid.

My reply in Croatian because that is what was requested:

Gospodine, nemate pravo na kontrolu nikome praksa vrijeme. Niti ja, ali ne postoji ništa krivo s trenirao 3 sata u isto vrijeme. Vježbajući 3 sata on pokazuje predanost na becomine bolji igrač koji je u mojoj knjizi je velika stvar za učiniti. Hvala Vam.

That translates to this in English:
    Sir, you have no right to control anyone's practice time. Neither do I but there is nothing wrong with practicing for 3 hours at a time. By practicing 3 hours he is showing dedication at becomine a better player which in my book is a great thing to do. Thank you.

3. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    3 hours practice had better include a bunch of rest, or it is too much - even professionals will build rest time into a 3 hour routine. The admonition to rest as much as you play works for players at any level. How much solid playing time is interspersed with how much resting time will vary with the endurance of the individual.

That said, to the OP, some days you pick up the horn and ^&%$ happens. It is not a good idea ot persist when that is the case. Put the horn away and do something else and return to it later, even to the point of waiting til timorrow. There are other ways to work on skills too. Listen to music, work on fingering without blowing, ging charts, give your horn a bath, or even, just go for a nice walk and enjoy nature and your gift of life.

And remember, many things combine to enable you to play. You need plenty of sleep, a decent diet, water, air, sunshine, and other interests in life.

And also remember, ALL of you, that nobody is perfect. We are human and that means we are fallible. So when we disagree with someone, let's try to do it in a respectful and considerate fashion. Proffesional, preffesional, professional - we all know exactly what he meant, don't we? We come here with a common interest, so let's be nice to one another. Surely it doesn't cost much to do that.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  4. RustoleusMaximus

RustoleusMaximus Pianissimo User

Feb 1, 2008
    Rest as long as you play! If you are going to practice for three hours, my advice would be to do three one hour sessions. Frankly, I don't measure time. I practice until I feel my chops have been adequately worked. That could be ten minutes depending on the exercise or .... several hours ... again depending on how taxing the exercises are. Know what you are trying to accomplish with each practice routine. Don't just aimlessly play or practice. Make sure you are physically rested (getting enough sleep); adequately hydrated (water) and also stress can cause many bad physical reactions that might have an adverse effect on your playing. Probably even better to do 30 minutes sessions ... rest ... then another 30 minute session. Remember you are BUILDING your chops ... not destroying them. I utilize Pedal Tones to get blood circulating in my lips before putting the horn away for the day. We all have bad days where nothing seems to click. On a day like that, I usually put the horn back in the case and just rest for that day.

5. AKtrumpet

AKtrumpet Piano User

Jun 4, 2010
    Alaska
    In a single practice session I will never practice more than 45 mintues at a time.

Most of my practice sessions throughout the day are 15 minutes long so as to keep the mind fresh.

I practice 2-4 hours a day. This is what has worked for ME.

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Al... Have you been drinking vinegar again? May I suggest something a little sweeter... honey.

7. hhsTrumpet

hhsTrumpet Piano User

Dec 3, 2011
    California
    Thank you everyone for all the advice. Today was a bit better.

8. frankmike

frankmike Piano User

Dec 5, 2008
    your grammar is completely off. at least make your grammar right

9. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Glad to hear it. Thanks for the update.

Mike

10. peanuts56

peanuts56 Pianissimo User

Jan 18, 2009
    I compare trumpet playing to my attempts to play golf. Some days I can put the ball exactly where I want it and from time to time there will be a day where I spend more time in the woods looking for my ball. Trumpet, like golf can be very frustrating and it's easy to lose patience. Some days playing trumpet feels so easy and natural and other days I feel and sound like hell. Relax and rest often while practicing.
    One very embarrasing story before I sign off. Once many,many years ago my oldest friend and Iwere playing 9 holes. It was crowded and we were sent out with two guys we didn't know. I lost four balls on one hole and exploded, swearing like a longshoreman. The two guys we were playing with were evangelical ministers at an Assembly of God. I've never lost my temper on the course since and just enjoy playing so much more. My point is don't get overly frustrated and think long term. Good Luck.