HOT! HOT! HOT!

Discussion in 'Jazz / Commercial' started by Tootsall, Oct 10, 2004.

1. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
  2. Skip

Skip Piano User

Oct 26, 2003
    Hawaii
    Maybe Leigh can retro-fit your Eclipse. :D

3. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
  4. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    MC, those lights are BA dude!! What's the price on that?

5. Lazorphaze

Lazorphaze Piano User

Feb 3, 2004
    yeah I might have to get one of those. For the eventual gig where it's really dark.
    or those times when I want to play late at night on some street corner (probably get mugged)

6. MUSICandCHARACTER

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    I put the link up under the pic. I have not checked into the price. Visit the website and check it out. Wouldn't that be a kick for a holiday "parade of lights" or one of those outdoor nighttime Christmas gigs?

Jim

7. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Yep. Much prettier than the battery-powered string of twinkle lights I decorated the euphonium with at last year's "Tuba Christmas"!

(First time I'd played something with that large a mouthpiece! Went back to trumpet the next day and it felt like I was trying to blow on the receiver with no mouthpiece at all!)

Edit: just looked at the website... no prices. Jim, how the heck would you play a trombone with the slide all tied up in lights!?

Second Edit: was checking out the other applications.. the 6' unit for tent is $24.95. That's probably sufficient for a trumpet.

8. MUSICandCHARACTER

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    It looks like two sections of sorts. It looks like there is a battery back on the bell section and another on the slide section. That would work (would make the slide heavy).

[​IMG]

Jim

BTW, I "stole" your post and put it up on the drum corps forum. They are having some fun with it:

http://drumcorpsplanet.org/forums//index.php?showtopic=56532

9. The Green Dolphin

The Green Dolphin New Friend

Oct 4, 2004
    northern Wisconsin
    I saw one of those things with the gas jet advertised on tv just last week. It was called the Ronco Blues Shooter. $19.95! But wait! There's more! Act now and we'll send the neon tubing!