How about...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Msen, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Msen

Msen Piano User

Dec 28, 2011
    I live in the Horn
    A YouTube channel in which everyone can post him/herself playing a piece of improvising?

2. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    How about everyone who wants to do that can have their own YouTube channel, and can post links to their own videos?

3. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    As a professional musician....I hear ENOUGH people trying to improvise.

In fact I hear a LOT of improvising from people trying to play the parts as written.

gmonady likes this.
  4. Msen

Msen Piano User

Dec 28, 2011
    I live in the Horn

Sure thing. I wanted to make it easier for everyone.

I think it's a nice way to get to know each other, put a face and a sound to the avatar pics and nicknames of everyone in here.

Do you want to share?

5. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    The issue would be one of just who was allowed to maintain it. A YouTube channel is often linked directly with a gmail account, so that would mean that everyone would have to have access to that login, and that would also mean that anyone/everyone could do what they wanted to with it. At some point someone may decide to take it over and change the password. I just don't think that logistically it's something that could be sustained in a normal way for any length of time.

6. Msen

Msen Piano User

Dec 28, 2011
    I live in the Horn

I didn't think of that, and I am a programmer :).

Anyway, just wanted to see how you guys play. If you want you can post your videos here

7. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    B-b-but, those little black spots are like ants and they keep moving around!

8. rufflicks

rufflicks Pianissimo User

Dec 9, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Interesting. My question; is this a covert effort to lure each member to submit a playing example to examine if performance is as eloquent as pontification?

9. neal085

neal085 Mezzo Forte User

Sep 6, 2012
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Look up TM users lionelsax or victorhaskins. They've posted a lot of their own material here. Some of the other users here DO have their own YouTube channels, and some of the playing is quite good. I'll leave it to them if they want to share here or not.

I will not be held liable for the relative quality of anything you come across, however...

10. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland