How am I doing?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Eeviac, Jan 9, 2008.

1. DDLips

DDLips New Friend

May 29, 2007
    Good Job Eeviac,

Tape record yourself playing "Twinkle" and then in 2 months or so listen to it. I did that and boy was I amazed at my progress. I have only been playing for about 10 months myself. I have found sounding Bugle calls to be very helpful. There are several good web sites with sound clips and music for them online. Good luck to you.

Karen

2. Warren

Warren Pianissimo User

Nov 19, 2007
    South Africa
    The first year of playing trumpet has the most progression in it. Sometimes I just wish I could start all over again, just so that I can feel how quickly I progress. Enjoy the journey.

3. Eeviac

Eeviac Piano User

OK I think I can record stuff with my computer and then upload to youtube if I register there..... I'll see about it...

I got a new book today, Visual Band Method Book I from 1964, cost me a buck lol, it's got more music in it to practice reading the "bugs", and starts out with stuff on lower notes which is kind of cool.

Also, bugle calls remind me of Ft Dix NJ lol, I am actually big on learning those.....!

4. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    My favorite from that book - Anteater Bandleader

5. Eeviac

Eeviac Piano User

I don't see Anteater Bandleader in this book. maybe that's in Volume II?

6. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Maybe he ate all the bugs he could and went to take a nap!

7. uapiper

uapiper Pianissimo User

Apr 13, 2007
    Hamilton, Canada
  8. Lezwoymn

Lezwoymn Pianissimo User

Oct 11, 2007
    Long Island, NY USA
    Hey mike, I thought u'd been playing longer with the way you spoke. Oh, just cause I'm disabled now, dont' think I didn't work before. Yes, I was in law enforcement by the way. I hope we can end this discussion on some nice terms. I just hope any new learners aren't scolded for incorrect information also. Good day.

9. Eeviac

Eeviac Piano User

I dunno if I can get a teacher, money's just about zero right now. I might be able to play a bit for Mr. Oxley, the brass guy downtown I got my horn from, and ask him if I'm doing things OK. That's probably about it. But it's 30 miles on the motorcycle into town so if I take my horn there it will have to be to try to "busk" to make up the cost of gas and lunch to go there. So, I'll already be able to play some simple things.