how do i improve my upper range and tone there?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by lilbink93, Jul 3, 2011.

1. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    actually cats in America are smart enough to get themselves out of a tree -- and the fire men don't rescue them out of trees --- for the most part --- OK those cats in the city's and on the left coast, and occasionally in the deep south need some help -- but most of the rural cats in America can climb UP a tree and can climb back DOWN ---- but firefighters get on TV for making it appear that a cat needs rescuing:thumbsup:

2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    KT, you missed the point. Cats "stuck" in a tree are begging for individual attention. The cure is to bring them by the scruff of the neck back to ground zero and let them think about what they did wrong..................

That is as prevalent in America as elsewhere in the world!

There is nothing wrong with the fire department getting some mileage out of cats looking to be spoon fed.

3. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    thanks for clarifying that about the cats -- man for awhile I thought the only "smart" cats were in the NE of America -- and NOW I realize that ALL cats are smart and just waiting for a free ride on the ladder truck.
    AWESOME - I should have thought about that when I was younger and could climb trees -- A FREE RIDE ON THE LADDER TRUCK -- AWESOMEROFLROFLROFL

4. rowuk

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    WE are familiar with the same type of cats. Many of them have Italian names and carry violin cases. I grew up between Schenectady and Schoharie.

5. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    wow - I am 3 hours west of there -- but is so beautiful here!!!!! I've been around the country several times, but always end up back here:dontknow:

6. ca5tr0

ca5tr0 New Friend

Feb 28, 2010
    Florida

7. rowuk

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Since when don't longtones upstairs help? I know of no better way to get the air right, get the sound right, get the accuracy right than to give the chops a chance to adapt to each tone.

Slurs alone are fine if you just want to squeal out a note. If you want to OWN it, you need to be able to do something with it. Musically speaking, we need not just to hit the notes, rather play them with dynamics, articulation and style - hard to accomplish with only a slur!

8. richtom

richtom Forte User

Dec 7, 2003
  9. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    +1 -- if you never practice it -- you will never be able to play it:thumbsup:

10. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Yes, these work outs will help your heart, and keep you alive longer.

Indirectly, this may improve your trumpet playing. How so? Cardio workouts in giving you the chance to live longer will provide you with the time to truly appreciate the amazingly mature and thoughtful advice that Rowuk is trying to provide to you.

I am so glad I discovered Rowuk so late in life. He has given me motivation to start my own cardio workout so I can keep on learning from him.