How do I play before 9pm?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by thecruxofthebiscuit, Feb 21, 2015.

1. PelicansRule

PelicansRule Pianissimo User

Feb 2, 2015
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Yeah man, I'll just pick the horn up whenever I want to!

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Ahhh... you left that above comment out. I edited it back in for you. You can thank me later.

3. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Holy flip flop Bat Man!! the editor just got edited! :oops:
    And, Doc, it's all quality time for BigDub. There is no non-quality time........just saying.......:-?

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I am inclined to believe this one will impact the most. A good warm up routine as noted above will set you up for a great rehearsal pattern at any time of the day. Yes, I do anxiously await a reply as to how your are progressing prior to the 9 PM hour.

5. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Usually, I practice / play just after I finish my morning rites in the bathroom and after I'm dressed for the day ... but before I've eaten breakfast. When my wife is sleeping or on her days off, to keep peace I'll use my Yamaha Silent Brass. This is not to say never at other times when the alternate things I could do aren't viable (there aren't that many alternate things now viable in my life). I log only the actual lip time, not my rest periods. Too, when I practice/play my euph, my wife is at work. I don't practice/play on Sunday unless I'm soloing in church. I'm supposing that again I'll be playing with The Cleffers Wednesday evenings beginning in mid-March and through the fall until our host and lead piano player takes off Southward for his winter vacation.

6. thecruxofthebiscuit

thecruxofthebiscuit New Friend

Nov 26, 2014
    I wrote on the previous page that, by putting Carmex on my lips before bed, I had a much better lesson than usual, so that's promising.

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Glad to hear the feel is there. I would still be interested to hear if the actual playing quality was impacted by Carmex.