How do trumpet players prepare for a snow storm?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by TrumpetMD, Jan 22, 2016.

1. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Everyone's getting ready for the snow storm this weekend. Here in Maryland, we're pretty close to ground zero. I got the extra milk, bread, and toilet paper. But as trumpet players, what do you stock up on to prepare for a storm? I'd hate to run out of spit balls or valve oil during a storm. Anything else I should be hoarding? Maybe I should make a quick run to Chuck Levins, before the storm starts? :cool:

EDIT: Oops. Typo in the title. "How do trumpet players PREPARE for a snow storm?"

Mike

2. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    Well, I picked up a bottle of Bulleit and Russel's Reserve 10 yesterday. Does that count? :D

3. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Champagne and wine. Already have a lifetime supply of slide lube. Plenty of valve oil. Batteries for the YSB!!! Tell my wife I need to practice to avoid "Jack Nicholson Syndrome"!

[​IMG]

4. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    My latest transcription. It's Chet Baker's "Autumn Leaves".

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

5. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    You tube will also get a serious workout today too!!!

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Gin

7. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Rum(my)! :roll:

8. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I personally just got my 15 bottle shipment in from Wall Street Journal Wine Club. My collection is from California, Argentina, France, Spain, Italy and Australia all locations which are currently without snow. So TrumpetMD, if you can find a way to make it to Dayton, where there is also no snow, over the next several hours, my wine cellar is open to you for your enjoyment.

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    No, Gin, Bombay Sapphire to be specific.

10. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    That is CRUEL!!!!! ROFL