How do trumpet players prepare for a snow storm?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by TrumpetMD, Jan 22, 2016.

1. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Lex will just have someone else play lead.

We're north of the storm track, but with my 7 year granddaughter staying the night and tomorrow, we have a huge supply of DVDs to watch. I guarantee one of them will NOT be FROZEN. I had to let that one go.

gunshowtickets likes this.
  2. breakup

breakup Mezzo Piano User

Jun 19, 2015
    Central Pa.
    Many years ago I would spend summers at my parents, and My father had some bottles of Moonshine, not the legal kind. I would pour a glass, taste a little and then finish it mixed with ginger Ale. I don't know what the proof was, I don't think my dad did either, but there wasn't much in it besides alcohol. I believe it was distilled in or around Somerset County Pa.

3. gunshowtickets

gunshowtickets Forte User

Mar 11, 2015
    Tidewater, VA
    Crap, I forgot I bought beer yesterday!

4. Ljazztrm

Ljazztrm Piano User

Nov 15, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I was also quite surprised by the smoothness - hard to believe it's 90proof. Also notice it has definite grappa-like tones to it.

5. Ljazztrm

Ljazztrm Piano User

Nov 15, 2003
    Queens, NY
    OMG! I see a Sasquatch! Call the 'Finding Bigfoot' crew!

6. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    Or you can make your way to Leobendorf, Austria, where we have nine vineyards in the village... and all of them have their own wine restaurants...

7. flugelgirl

flugelgirl Forte User

Jan 20, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    We got snow for a few hours - less than an inch. It has turned to rain now, but the terror of Snowpocolypse has gripped Hampton Roads! Amateurs - I grew up in Maine, and laugh at them every time!

8. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    "Snowmageddon" up here. It's started to sleet a little. About 3.5 inches of snow, nothing bad.

9. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    Got a couple inches here (on a mountain) in north Alabama. As for trumpet supplies, all that dry indoor heat will require some Chopsaver...

10. Sethoflagos

Sethoflagos Utimate User

Aug 7, 2013
    Lagos, Nigeria
    'Happy' memories of driving between Calais and Bangor several times on my own one winter 20-odd years ago. Now if there's one experience that can make you feel distinctly isolated, vulnerable, and a potential bear's breakfast...........