How do trumpet players prepare for a snow storm?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by TrumpetMD, Jan 22, 2016.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    :thumbsup:

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    So far... No snow in Dayton. I heard Cincinnati is suppose to get 10 inches. Anyone from Cincinnati weighing in?

3. gunshowtickets

gunshowtickets Forte User

Mar 11, 2015
    Tidewater, VA
    I'm glad I don't work in Chesapeake anymore. I heard even getting down the main street was dicey. It was nice to work from home today.
    I think the melting pot of so many drivers from other areas of the country has its effects, too.

4. J. Jericho

J. Jericho Fortissimo User

Mar 16, 2011
    It's interesting to count back nine months from your birthday to discover what was going on then. Sometimes you'll find something specific. For instance, I was the result of a birthday present my mom gave my dad.

5. breakup

breakup Mezzo Piano User

Jun 19, 2015
    Central Pa.
    I grew up in Somerset Co. Pa. and remember cutting tunnels through the snow drifts, or digging caves in them. Perhaps not as deep a snow as in Maine, but still deep enough. I get extremely frustrated at drivers from the central Pa. area, who don't know how to drive in snow. They seem to think that more power will fix it when they get stuck in the show.

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    So I think we should expand this thread into a contest. All of you Eastern Seaboard members should post pics of the snowfall and the member submitting the pic with the most snow shown wins! So lets start posting!:woop:

7. gunshowtickets

gunshowtickets Forte User

Mar 11, 2015
    Tidewater, VA
    I'm guessing TrixieG or StrumpetMD win. Ed might be close, but eastern Carolina doesn't look to havee gotten much. We're on the fringes of snow/mix and are getting a bit of sleet nao.

8. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    How about a "snow dog". This is our dog, earlier today, trying to figure out where she can pee. :-) I finally dug a pathway to the lawn. She was very happy.

Mike

[​IMG]

9. breakup

breakup Mezzo Piano User

Jun 19, 2015
    Central Pa.
    Sorry, but for some reason I couldn't get my photos to load.

We have about 29 inches so far, if I can figure out how to upload photos, I will.

10. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Here's the picture out my front window!

:-P