How do trumpet players prepare for a snow storm?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by TrumpetMD, Jan 22, 2016.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Wow!! Looks like you really have it rough... or in TrumpetMD's dog's case, ruff.

2. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    What, exactly, are spit balls, and how are they used? Just wondering. See post #1
    As for here, in my neck of the woods, as of 3 pm, 12 inches average, more importantly 29 inches at the bottom of my driveway gifted to me by the snowplow, and drifts ranging from 18-36". Still snowing now and not showing any signs of letting up for another 7 hrs, they say.

3. Comeback

Comeback Forte User

Jun 22, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Here you go, BigDub: How to Make Spitballs: 10 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

Jim:lol:

4. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    This was from this morning. it hasn't stopped snowing all day and we expect it to continue until early tomorrow morning!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    yes, Jim, those I am familiar with. Got detention in 8th grade for misuse of them during math class. I should have taken my case to a higher court! The teacher, Mr Torres, didn't see me or my, well, partner in crime, dispensing them out the side window at unaware fellow junior highers. A teacher walking past our class saw us. He should have had no right to award us a detention, he didn't witness anything. Isn't that something like evidence not allowed in the trial? An unscheduled witness, so to speak? We had planned for every possibility........except that!

6. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    We were out yesterday morning to breakfast albeit all county offices and about everything else was closed. Just as we left to come home it began to sleet enough that we had to clear the windshield. Today, even that restaurant was closed and I fixed my breakfast at home after which I took my meds and went back to bed also. Before I did, I looked out the window and can see about a 6" accumulation on top of the shed. Just a thought that there may be fewer DUIs, accidents and deaths on the roads locally as the county ABC stores were declared to be closed also yesterday and today. My wife is the manager of one of those ABC stores. Still, the prevailing outside temp here is in the twenties. Originally I'm from western PA and recall snows over my head ... but then I was a foot or two shorter. Between stints in law enforcement I drove from DC to the Pittsburgh PA area the night before John F. Kennedy was inaugurated. I had started at 4:00 PM and cleared the DC border just after midnight. After 16 more hours and several tanks of fuel I arrived, a total trip that then normally took only 6 hours and I have driven it in 5. I don't know of any outlet that now sells tire chains now, but I have mounted hundreds for others and too have driven with them.

7. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    26 Degrees, Winds at 26-31 mph, STILL snowing, even my OHIO transplant friends are moaning and groaning. :lol: One guy said, " I moved here to get away from this stuff"!!!

8. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Yeah, I got my JD 1032 ready to go in the a.m..

9. breakup

breakup Mezzo Piano User

Jun 19, 2015
    Central Pa.
    How do trumpet players prepare for a snow storm?

Practice, practice, practice.

10. Ljazztrm

Ljazztrm Piano User

Nov 15, 2003
    Queens, NY
    It's true breakup - I haven't gotten to the Tim Smith's moonshine yet - been practice, meditation, + motivating fuel - which =

[​IMG]

And STILL snowing here in Queens NY!