How do trumpet players prepare for a snow storm?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by TrumpetMD, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    Dub,that first pic of yours would make a good painting subject,I think:roll::oops:

2. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
  3. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Was once trapped with a bus load of marching band people because of avalanche danger. We departed from the bus with a small dixieland band to entertain the other trapped motorists. They objected to the loud sounds, especially the bass drum.

4. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
  5. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    You gonna buy it if I do? Just kidding. I guess I'm used to the view out my window and don't need to paint it, I have a lot of subject matter right around my house. Then there are the people asking me to do paintings, that keeps me busy.
    After I showed those pictures of the snow, there was maybe 6-8 inches more snow. How do I know? I had cleared my driveway with the snow blower in the early afternoon yesterday, then this morning went out to do it again. The amount that had been added to my driveway was about what J said, then there was the pile left by the snow plow last night....another 33 inches or, almost a meter for my metric friends.

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Oh, did they make skis during the ice age?

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    :troll:

8. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Yup. Made it easier to get to 7/11 and back.

9. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Any respected mountaineer or ski patroller will tell you not to make any sound when and where avalanches are prevalent. It is known that ski patrollers will blast them before they become monstrous and an extreme detrimental hazard.

While I certainly can't ski now and couldn't sell my old wooden straight ski poles, they certainly are now handy to get about here now.